Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Campaign medal documents

Article about: Document for the Medal for Victory over Germany issued to Guards Junior Lieutenant Vladimir Yefimovich Yevtushek on February 18th, 1947 and signed by the Commander and Hero of the Soviet Uni

?

Thank you guys for all the time and effort you have put into my document. I am saving and printing everything, so I can make a file about this document and I can do any further research myself. These campaign documents are great pieces of history.

Regards, Rik

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Campaign medal documents
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    Some comments from me on the SHTYKH's document for the Victory over Japan.

аттсп= армёйский тяжёлый танко-самоходный полк , i.e. Army Level Heavy Tank-SPG regiment.

The guy with birth year of 1919 does NOT fit this document. The man from Victory over Japan medal was in service in 1946. But the guy from 1919 who was awarded Bravery Medal in November 1945 was wounded in 1944 and was NOT in service since end of 1944 (99%).

It is also possible, that no traces of him are on the podvig naroda if he joined the military service late in war.

?

Quote by Egorka View Post

аттсп= армёйский тяжёлый танко-самоходный полк , i.e. Army Level Heavy Tank-SPG regiment.
    This goes right into the research listing! Thanks,

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    This goes right into the research listing! Thanks,
    SHTYKH's unit during the war was 203 tank brigade, which was stationed in the Far East during the whole war. In August 1945, as part of 15 Army, participated in the campaign again Japanese forces.
    On 24 August it was stationed approximately in Xinxingcun : Google Maps

Campaign medal documents

?

Now I feel even MORE foolish, we had this same аттсп discussion before!
    I think we even talked about how this was a June-45 reorganization/restructuring of unit types! (but you say 203 was the whole war in the far east? so 203 was 203 аттсп the whole time?)
    I'll try to find that old link, but I have these to show to tie the аттсп back to campaign documents.....
    Thank you all!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Campaign medal documents   Campaign medal documents  

Campaign medal documents  
    Last edited by B618aa; 05-24-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Document set awarded to soldat/Red Army soldier Michail Aleksandrovich Malievskiy:

Document for the Liberation of Warsaw medal, dated December 25 1946, by the commander of the 48th independant rifle maintenance (?) Pomerania Order of Aleksander Nevsky, Red Star communications batallion Major Achekyan, document # A No 426446.

Document for the Capture of Berlin medal, dated December 31 1945, by the commander of the 48th independant rifle maintenance (?) Pomerania Order of Aleksander Nevsky, Red Star communications batallion Major Achekyan, document # A No 396806

Document for the Victory over Germany medal, dated June 11 1946, by the commander of the 48th independant rifle maintenance (?) Pomerania Order of Aleksander Nevsky, Red Star communications batallion Major Achekyan, document # Sh No 203005

If anyone is able to shed some light on the unit that would be very welcome! I even question my translation of the word maintenance in this situation. Perhaps a communications maintenance batallion connected to a rifle unit? Thanks for any possible leads!!

Campaign medal documents

?

Hello,
    Yes, АТТСП appearedd because of the June 1945 restructuring. But it took time. These ATTSP units were organIsed onthe bases of the existing units normally on the base of tank brigades. The number and the honourific names were inherited from the base unit.
    In thos case, 203 tank brigade, which has never on the German front. You can still see the old seal with word “brigade” in it on your document. Even on the maps produced in August 1945 in the 15 army, the unit is called 203 tank brigade.

?

Berlin and Warsaw medal documents for private first class KRIGA Pavel Semeonovich, 1924.
    Mortar crew leader of 21 Guards Motorised Rifle Briagde, 1 Gu. Tank Army.
    Awarded Red Star in 1944 and Red Banner in May 1945 (Berlin battle).
    Interestingly, his original ORB recommendation was for Hero of Soviet Union title.
    It was approved 3 times up to the corps level. But was downgraded to ORB at Army level.

KRIGA and his crew was the first one to cross Spree on 23 April 1945 near Köpenick. Defending the bridgehead, his crew members had to repeal enemy counterattack, in which his crew members were taken out of action. KRIGA had to take machine-gun to defend the position and hold it until the main forces reinforced them.

His citation states wrong date of the action - 27 April. The Spree crossing took place on 23 April at around 13:00.

Campaign medal documents
    Campaign medal documentsCampaign medal documents

If possible, I wanted to ask you for help in relation to two documents of victory medals.

In relation to the first document, which is quite poorly preserved, I believe that it was granted to a Guard on February 11, 1946 by another Guard of higher rank. I am not able to verify the unit in which he served. Can you please tell me what these people are called?

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Regarding the second document, I see that it was delivered to a man named Pavel on February 20, 1946. I'm not sure, but I do not think it indicates a specific range or a Unit. I see that the person signing the document was a lieutenant general and hero of the Soviet Union. Could you please tell me the names of these people? Thank you in advance.

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Campaign medal documents

Document for the Medal Victory over Germany issued to David Ignat'yevich Bulakhov dated February 11th, 1946 by the Commander of the 85th Guards "Riga" Red Banner Rifle Division, Guards Colonel (illegible), Serial #I0191114.

Document and Medal Victory over Germany issued to Pavel Nikitovich Evsyukov dated February 20th, 1946 by the Chief of the Ivanovo Air Force Higher School of Navigators of the Red Army, Lieutenant-General (Aviation) & Hero of the Soviet Union (#41), Ivan Timofeyevich Spirin, Serial #M0100530.
    Campaign medal documents
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 08-13-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast