Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Capture of Vienna medal good?

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I am interested in this Capture of Vienna medal and it tics all the boxes of how I want my medals to look like (a well-worn look is far better than any mint medal in my humb

Default Capture of Vienna medal good?

Hello gentlemen,

I am interested in this Capture of Vienna medal and it tics all the boxes of how I want my medals to look like (a well-worn look is far better than any mint medal in my humble opinion). However, the Vienna medal is one of the more faked medals out there so I prefer to be 100% certain on this one.
    I hope you guys can confirm my thoughts that this is an original first pattern medal.

Thanks for any help!
    All the best, Marcel

Capture of Vienna medal good?Capture of Vienna medal good?Capture of Vienna medal good?Capture of Vienna medal good?Capture of Vienna medal good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Capture of Vienna medal good?
    P
    Many

It looks good. The photos appear to be from a vendor I know to be trustworthy.

Thanks a lot for your time to look at this medal Bill. Much appreciated!

?

I think the hanger and the medal were put together. Does not make them fake though.
    The ribbon in quite worn, but the medal retained its gilding? Not likely. So, IMHO, assembled piece.

Could be that it is a put together medal, it happens all the time indeed. However, on the other hand, often these medals look more flashy and shiny on pics than in reality. Too bad an inspection in hands is not possible for a definite answer.

Finally got myself a Vienna medal. Because of the possibility of being put together as Egorka mentioned I decided to leave the one above for what it is.
    This one below is now on its way to me. To me a good one and I hope you guys agree with me?

All the best,

Capture of Vienna medal good?Capture of Vienna medal good?

?

Good Marcel!

I also have one. I got it from my Grampa, if you know what I mean.

Medals and orders straight from your own family is always interesting and extra special! You have more items from his wartime?

Myself I have a huge grouping from my mom's uncle who served in Indonesia in the late 40's including all his medals and anniversary medals (apart from his Knight Order of Oranje Nassau which must be returned to the state after passing away), parts of uniform and gear, all inside his ships trunkbox, photo albums etc etc. Nothing can beat a grouping like that