Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...

Article about: Hi all, I've recently bumped into this Order of the Red Banner. I believe the order itself to be original. Now my hang up is with the serial number. -It does not have the typical Russian loo

Default Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...

Hi all,
    I've recently bumped into this Order of the Red Banner. I believe the order itself to be original.
    Now my hang up is with the serial number.

-It does not have the typical Russian look of a serial number, but more of a 'western' look.

- The number itself is to low for that type of award. The number would indicate a screw back type.

I would presume that the award would be a 'duplicate' award (the original was lost and the recipient received a new one with his original number), but I do not see any indication of the original serial number being removed.

The possibility is also there that it is a fake.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thank You
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...   Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...

These are the only pics I have at the moment, so I can only zoom in on them to enhance the images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...   Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...  

It is so-called redelivery (перевыдача / perevydacha).
    The award with such number in first has been presented with screw, but after change of rules of carrying and transition to pendant (in 19 June 1943), to some holders (for example: to participants of Parade of the Victory and some regular officers etc.) old awards have been replaced with the such.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...  

That seems to be a possibility Molodes. How do you feel about the style of the numbering?
    I've only seen hand tooled and rotary tooled numbers before, these look stamped.

It is not stamped number...

This number is absolutely precisely engraved with burin. There was such handwriting.
    There is no Red Banners with drilled number, only stamped or engraved.

Stamped numbers happen only on duplicates. Duplicates are the awards which have been given out instead of lost.

Sometimes on duplicates there is engraved number, but it, usually, is supplemented with the engraved inscription "Дубликат" (Duplicate), or simply letter "Д".

I think that this award was never lost. It has been replaced to correspond to rules of carrying of awards.

If there are doubts, I can ask high quality experts at Russian forums. They will tell precisely.

Though, the award is pleasant to me.

Thank You Molodes.
    I bought the award yesterday and took some better pictures. The numbers do look engraved.

Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...  

picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Confused about this Order of the Red Banner...  

Quote by Leaftree View Post
    The numbers do look engraved.
    I know!
    Congratulations! An excellent infrequent award.
    By the way, all the same, I showed your first photos at Russian forum. Extra-high quality experts have confirmed that it is reissue.

Quote by Molodes View Post
    It is so-called redelivery (перевыдача / perevydacha).
    The award with such number in first has been presented with screw, but after change of rules of carrying and transition to pendant (in 19 June 1943), to some holders (for example: to participants of Parade of the Victory and some regular officers etc.) old awards have been replaced with the such.
    Were these awards only given out to participants of the Victory Parade in 1945? Did some receive them during the Parade? Why did only some holders get them? Just some questions that have crossed my mind recently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast