Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Czech copy of Soviet navigators wings?

Article about: I've seen these called russian but the nuts are Czech, does anybody know the details on these?

Default Czech copy of Soviet navigators wings?

I've seen these called russian but the nuts are Czech, does anybody know the details on these?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czech copy of Soviet navigators wings?
    P
    Many

Default re: Czech copy of Soviet navigators wings?

These are Soviet wings. But being postwar my knowledge of these is really limited. The screwbacks could be replacements or they could be Czech made for the Soviet Air Force. Circa 1950 - 1961. The numbers show the grade/class.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Czech copy of Soviet navigators wings?

indeed, they are navigator wings (as opposed to pilot wings) but it isn't clear from the mint mark if these were czech made or ??? I know at a minimum that the soviets had the same badges....with soviet screw backs, but I"ve also seen other wings with Czech nuts. IT is all rather odd. Just wondering if I can display them with my other Soviet badges..

hi, they're not copies, but genuine military Czech wings used during the 1954 - 1968 period. For obvious reason, the Armed forces then abandoned their traditions and redesigned all insignia into Soviet style shape. Hence pilot wings were almost identical to those of 'our beloved Soviet comrades'.
    cheers,
    s.

This is what I understood, but some have asserted the mint mark on the pin, not the nut, is Pobeda, but it does not look like other marks from this mint I know.

Quote by meyerse View Post
    This is what I understood, but some have asserted the mint mark on the pin, not the nut, is Pobeda, but it does not look like other marks from this mint I know.
    Ah, I haven't noticed that, sorry about that. anyway, a rather detailed gallery can be found here.

Quote by skyeman View Post
    Ah, I haven't noticed that, sorry about that. anyway, a rather detailed gallery can be found here.
    I think you are correct! Despite this being called a pobeda mark, I think many sold as russian are in fact Czech! (including my own? )
    The website is great, to bad it does not show the back.

It seems difficult to distinguish between the two and the numbering information on the web - page is the opposite of what I have read elsewhere regarding numbering. Thank you for the excellent web page.

Here for example, it is being called Soviet http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=22829

as is this one....This one appears to have more 'russian' charecteristics but both have the same maker mark? http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=22871