MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension

Article about: A recent addition to the collection is this Defense of the Caucasus Medal with a maker stamped suspension, НКМП РСФСР (На

Default Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension

A recent addition to the collection is this Defense of the Caucasus Medal with a maker stamped suspension, НКМП РСФСР (Народный Комиссариат Местной Промышленности), the Moscow based factory of the People's Commissariat Of Local Industry of the RSFSR. I am grateful to have learned this from an esteemed collector colleague on the Soviet Military Awards Page Forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension   Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension  

Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension
    P
    Many

Default Re: Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension

Very nice caucasus medal bill !!!

?

Never heard of this one before but in my defence it isn't really my field!! But I must say I do like this medal it is very nice looking, so on that note thanks for posting . Cheers Terry.

Thank you, gentlemen; while certainly not one of the rarest "Defense of . . ." Medals, only 870,000 were awarded (R1), it and the award document remains one of my favorites. I will post some additional examples from the collection.
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 05-06-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Some additional examples for visual exposition and comparison. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension   Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension  

Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension   Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension  

Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension   Defense of the Caucasus Medal with maker stamped suspension  

Another beautiful medal Bill, and one I am yet to purchase. Good to learn about the suspension and how it could be marked.

Jason

?

Bill thanks for the snaps, Are these medals exspensive??..because like Jason says another 1 to collect..Cheers Terry.

I generally can find them for $20-$30 depending on condition.

?

Thanks for the info Bill I will have to keep my eyes peeled of one!! Cheers Terry.