Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Duplicate veteran award

Article about: I'm guessing this individual appeared on separate lists for this award and received it twice....is this unusual?

Default Duplicate veteran award

I'm guessing this individual appeared on separate lists for this award and received it twice....is this unusual?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Duplicate veteran award
    P
    Many

No, I do not think it unusual. I have a few commemorative groups with duplicate issues such as this.

Thank you for the response, much appreciated.

It is interesting, that these documents had different middle name - in the first - "Филатович" (Filatovich), in the second - "Филиппович" (Filippovich). This is absolutely different names. Carelessness when completing the document?

Good eye, I totally missed that, so either it's two different people, or, as you suggest, clerical error.

Unfortunately at the moment I cannot add any more to the discussion......I'll look to see if there are clues in other items.
    they came together, however, so either some incredible coincidence with two persons with the same first and last names with similar middle names or, an error, which might also explain why the same person got two awards (they are not the same names and so are not scrubbed from the list as duplicates)?

I think it may be germane to our discussion to see the remainder of the medals/documents group to obtain a more accurate perspective/context. I do have some examples of duplicate issue documents to the same person in the collection.

Thank you for your opinions!
    Version1)

Maybe, it's wrong completed document? "young girl - the clerk" was distracted and wrote another, similar-sounding middle name. I think so, because it has repeatedly faced with this - in my own army documents such "clerk girls" was recorded wrong and my parents' surname and patronymic.

Interesting fact - "Filippovich" and "Filatovich" received their medals in the same place - Novovorontsovsky Regional Military Commissariat, even the hands of one person - mayor Kuchumov ( unfortunately, on the top photo, I do not see the date of delivery of medals - it might help).

Version2)

In Russian villages very often, almost all the villagers carried the same surname. The whole village could have surname "Petrov" or "Ivanov". It's funny, but it is a fact.

?

Nikolai Filatovich and Nikolai Filippovich may well have been two separate individuals. Can you show us a better image of the first document? I'd like to know the date - it seems to be October, i.e. the same month as the other one.

Curiously, although both are apparently signed by Major Kuchumov, the signatures weren't placed by the same individual!

Quote by Auke View Post
    Nikolai Filatovich and Nikolai Filippovich may well have been two separate individuals. Can you show us a better image of the first document? I'd like to know the date - it seems to be October, i.e. the same month as the other one.

Curiously, although both are apparently signed by Major Kuchumov, the signatures weren't placed by the same individual!
    You see, there is a practice that in the major can sign another person

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast