MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )

Article about: I am pleased to show three examples of this attractive badge which was awarded to Soviet Sailors during prewar times. It is one of my favourite types of Soviet badges. ----------------------

Default EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )

I am pleased to show three examples of this attractive badge which was awarded to Soviet Sailors during prewar times.

It is one of my favourite types of Soviet badges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This example is of silver:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )   EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )
    P
    Many

Lucky Strike
    ?

Default Re: EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )

Do you realy know that this one is pre war made?

In bronze:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )   EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )  

Another bronze version:

EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )   EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )  

?

Nice badges Richie!

An old thread but here's another of the bronze stamped variation with hand engraved serial number.

I have never seen the matching backing plate between the badge and screw disc before. Is that a standard item or a homemade one off I wonder?

EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )

If I recall correctly I picked this one up around 1990.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

One of mine. They are nice badges!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EXCELLENCE IN THE NAVY (VMF - Military Seafaring Fleet )