Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Excellent Artillerymans badge

Article about: A good quality 1950's issue example made by the "Victory" Factory in Moscow. It is classified as a Type 27 badge. Cheers, Ade.

Default Excellent Artillerymans badge

A good quality 1950's issue example made by the "Victory" Factory in Moscow. It is classified as a Type 27 badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Excellent Artillerymans badge   Excellent Artillerymans badge  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Excellent Artillerymans badge
    P
    Many

An earlier example. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Excellent Artillerymans badge   Excellent Artillerymans badge  

And one more example.Excellent Artillerymans badgeExcellent Artillerymans badge

?

Some good badges here gents..How can you tell the difference in age? is just the general appearence?? Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry, these badges were worn from 1942 until 1957 when they were discountinued. The basic design never changed. There were 28 known types by different makers. Some makers used multiple dies hence the number of variants to be found.

If you look at the one I posted, it has a much brighter plated type gilt finish compared with Bill's and Robin's badges. Shape of the cannons is very different.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great looking badges!...

?

Ok Ade if I'm going to buy a badge I'm going to post on here..because it looks like I will need the most excellent minefield badge to get through this lot without getting stung by some dodgy stuff....Thanks for the info I have been looking at these badges on here to see if I could make out any common signs!! But it isn't happening lol.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Some makers used multiple dies hence the number of variants to be found.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice examples!
    Congrats!
    I guess similar to TR badges.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, indeed. Collecting Soviet badges is just the same as German nowadays. All down to makers traits and die flaws etc.

Cheers, Ade,