MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Excellent Cooks badge

Article about: by Tango A nice badge Ade like Paul says the Soviets have badges for everything..I don't think this badge would get awarded very often in the British Army because I haven't met a half decent

Default Excellent Cooks badge

Hi Guys, this one belongs to my wife Lez.

I bought it for her some years ago now from a Russian dealer for £65. She was awarded the badge by our re-enactment group after several years of sterling service cooking for up to 40 people a day over a wood fire.

Many Russian comrades who have come to our events over the years have "hung their nose over it" as we say here and commented it was rare. I kind of knew that anyway. But having now got the book on excellent badges I was very pleased to discover this one is the rarest Type 3 with a price tag of $500 to $800.

There is some chipping to the enamel and the screwpost has been shortened for comfort.

We are very pleased with it. Only have a small pic of the front at present as Lez has the I Pad with her.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Excellent Cooks badge 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Excellent Cooks badge
    P
    Many

Really nice badge mate, wow the Soviets had awards for everything!...

?

Very nice Ade.

Nice Ade, not too shabby an investment either

Formerly in the collection. . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Excellent Cooks badge   Excellent Cooks badge  

?

A nice badge Ade like Paul says the Soviets have badges for everything..I don't think this badge would get awarded very often in the British Army because I haven't met a half decent chef talk about an most excellent cook!!! lol. I joke of course the chefs have a very hard job.. Cheers Terry.

Thanks for the kind comments and the smiles.

The hardest badge to obtain is the "Excellent Baker". These vary between $700 to $1000.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ade I have a question ref these badges are they all hollowed back..it is because I'm looking on Fleabay & I thought if I could pick a reasonable priced 1 it would look good on my Allied WW2 shelf & could kick start another exspensive side line..?? Or any other tips would help.. Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry, the vast majority are hollow backed.

The rarer early 1942 issues, like the Sniper, Machine gunner, Artilleryman, Tankist, have a separately appllied hammer and sickle secured by two bent over prongs. Like found on the 1936 patten cap badges.

Bear in mind these badges are all faked.

Cheers, Ade.

It's always cool to find out that something you've
    had for a while actually has some value to it that
    you did not know about.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast