Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Guard's Badge

Article about: I have only just begun to collect Russian WWII. I have this Guard badge that I hope is WWII. Why do some have fringe on the flags? Mine does not. Bob Hritz

Default Re: Guard's Badge

I have only just begun to collect Russian WWII. I have this Guard badge that I hope is WWII.

Why do some have fringe on the flags? Mine does not.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guard's Badge   Guard's Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guard's Badge
    P
    Many

?

The fringed is post 1946 year made guards badges
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Unfortunately most of them with damaged enamel, due of battle worn
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

That is a nice & well worn example Bob, with decent enamel too. I like it...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hi Gus ,and Everyone .
    Ive been picking up Wartime Gymnastiorkas occasionally over a decade in Russia .Only a couple have had holes -one is a Generals converted 35 pat.The holes are carefully sticthed around to reinforce against fraying . Quite often Gyms are done up with insignia to sell on in the west ,as they can seem plain in comparison to German uniforms ! Most Gyms we see on the market havnt been through the war i reckon . And of course many were worn by the original owners in civilian life .

Sorry i answered Gus, - on holes ,which gets away from the Badge theme ! I send my first Guards badge i bought in 1994 ,which is unusually thick ! Screwback is strange on this one . Anyone know where it could have been made ?
    The Generals Gym has no holes for where a Guards badge goes but may have held an order or 20th RKKA medal on his left chest .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guard's Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images Guard's Badge  Guard's Badge 

Heres my two holed wool Gymnastorka 35 patt conversion to 43 for a Technical Branch General On The Sleeve you can see where his senior Commanders Chevron was.
    Sorry if i broke the thread a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images Guard's Badge 

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Hi Gus ,and Everyone .
    Ive been picking up Wartime Gymnastiorkas occasionally over a decade in Russia .Only a couple have had holes -one is a Generals converted 35 pat.The holes are carefully sticthed around to reinforce against fraying . Quite often Gyms are done up with insignia to sell on in the west ,as they can seem plain in comparison to German uniforms ! Most Gyms we see on the market havnt been through the war i reckon . And of course many were worn by the original owners in civilian life .
    Thanks for your answer and for the photos of your wonderful shirt and Guard badge. It has shed a lot of light on something that had puzzled me for a long time.

Regards,

Gus

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Most Gyms we see on the market havnt been through the war i reckon . And of course many were worn by the original owners in civilian life .
    Your "reckon" is right on Rob...

..IMO that is.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thanks Rich and Gus ! Yes ,theres no easy way to pick up wartime 'salty'items in Russia ,compared to finding German used tunics or original badged UK battledresses !
    Heres my last guards badge which i chose to mount on my Favourite Gymnastiorka ;- a female 43 pattern in a tiny size 8 . Its really cute ! Here there was a hole and the shadow of what seems to be from a proficiency award .Anyhow i stuck a guards badge here .
    Interestingly i found much less interest amongst Russian collectors for Female items . They are always really hard to find anyway .
    Attached Images Attached Images Guard's Badge  Guard's Badge  Guard's Badge  Guard's Badge 

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast