Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Guards badge and a numbered order

Article about: G'day all, My father in law bought me these on a trip to Moscow last month....I have gone through some of the threads here, but not having collected Soviet badges, I don't even know where to

?

Default Guards badge and a numbered order

G'day all,

My father in law bought me these on a trip to Moscow last month....I have gone through some of the threads here, but not having collected Soviet badges, I don't even know where to start in identifying the numbered badge.....

Could anyone point me in the right direction

Thanking you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guards badge and a numbered order   Guards badge and a numbered order  

Guards badge and a numbered order  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guards badge and a numbered order
    P
    Many

The Guards badge is post war, the fringe on the bottom of the flag is how you tell. The Order of Patriotic War is the numbered badge. I think from the number it may be a war time award. They gave these out in the 80s but I think the numbers for those started around 2.5 million. I haven't done much with these lately, so my memory is a little fuzzy, but no fear, the guys who know for sure will be along shortly

?

Thankyou kindly for identifying and providing some info on the badge

Hi Tony, the Patriotic War is a 1985 issue.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Order of the Patriotic War is 1985's version, as it is one piece. That's the easiest way to recognize them imo.

?

Thanks Ade and Aleksander......nice to know what it is.....I just appreciate the thought of him buying them for me

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Thanks Ade and Aleksander......nice to know what it is.....I just appreciate the thought of him buying them for me
    It's really nice of him to do that. My friend also once brought me an '85 OPW.

?

He also bought me back a 1985 belt with a big brass buckle and a Sash or flag streamer that I will post in the appropriate thread