Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Order of the Red Star Group

Article about: Whilst the bulk of my collection is to the Western Allies, I do have a few Soviet pieces. One such small grouping I've had a while is the following pair of Orders of the Red Star and a Medal

Default Help with Order of the Red Star Group

Whilst the bulk of my collection is to the Western Allies, I do have a few Soviet pieces. One such small grouping I've had a while is the following pair of Orders of the Red Star and a Medal for Battle Merit.

The latter is unnumbered (1950s Long Service Award), but the Orders are numbered 1057022 (which I assume dates it as late 1944) and 3224796 (which dates it as a 1950s Long Service Award). The details are confirmed in the accompanying awards booklet.

Details-wise, that's all I have at present. Any further help or assistance would be very much appreciate, even if it's just the recipient's name!

Many thanks in advance,

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Order of the Red Star Group   Help with Order of the Red Star Group  

Help with Order of the Red Star Group   Help with Order of the Red Star Group  

Help with Order of the Red Star Group   Help with Order of the Red Star Group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Order of the Red Star Group
    P
    Many

His name appears to be Ivan Trofomovich (Trofimovich?) Rabko, Иван Трофомович (Трофимович?) Рабко. I couldn't find any information about him in the archives, sorry.

Many thanks Bill, every little helps!

Regards,

Paul

Both Auke and Egorka will research your Soviet awards for a small PayPal fee.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/member.php?u=13464
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/member.php?u=47629

?

Lt. RYABKO IVAN TRIFONOVICH, 1918.
    He was a KOMSOMOL organiser in 245 separate artillery squadron of extreme firepower.
    The Red Star is awarded in Nov 1944.
    “Extreme firepower” means they used 280mm howitzers, IMO.

My eyes are clearly not what they used to be, no pun intended.

I obtained the Prikaz and citation for his Order of the Red Star, his AKT for his Victory over Germany, he is #51 on the second page. He was also awarded an Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class, 1985 Jubilee issue. Because he was an officer his Award Card and Service/Personnel Record may be available through either of the sources above-mentioned.

Prikaz for his Order of the Red Star, he is #1, bottom of the 2nd page.

Citation for his Order of the Red Star

AKT for his Victory over Germany Medal which is missing from the group.

Finally his Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class, 1985 Jubilee Issue, awarded to veterans still alive at that time.