Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Investing in Soviet medals - weighing pro's & cons.

Article about: The whole issue of "investment" is complex and fraught with danger, especially in the current economic climate. Many (both in and out of Russia) have tried, in recent years, to tur

?

Default Re: Investing in Soviet medals - weighing pro's & cons.

Thanks for the opinions Dimas & Nick, I agree with both of you in the regard of real effects of battle 'wear and tear', mint condition in a box does not quite do it for me in the same way.
    I'm going to have to do an awful lot of prior research I can see. The difference between a small mondvor and a medium mondvor on a 1940 Red Star is double the price difference...

Cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Investing in Soviet medals - weighing pro's & cons.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi Dimas

I agree, this is one of the reasons I focus on German combat awards, most of them have seen the front...

Greetz

Nick VR
    In that case I 'am saying about the Soviet orders, which was taken as a trophees.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I have made my living buying and selling general antiques for the last twenty years - some of it in militaria, and most of that; SOVIET militaria, including medals and orders.

Red Banners/Lenins (among many others, like >$300.00 Nevskys) will never be fifty/two hundred bucks EVER again. Same goes for 1930s silver Narkomat badges for twenty to fifty bucks - Like it was less than ten short years ago.

The market that has commanded such high prices for all Soviet stuff peaked within the last twelve months and is in a decline - "qualitywise", as to what will be available... As the worldwide economy worsens, especially in Europe, and "Europe" includes Russia, where most of this stuff has been "returning" to, we will see what becomes available within the coming months/years. IOW, the number of selections actually available for sale probably will be limited, as most everything has disappeared into collections anyhow. I feel the only way to get them out is if some bad financial times befall the owner...

BTW, this an emotional charged ramble as I suppose I am a bit tweaked that I CAN NOT FIND GOOD STUFF ANYMORE!!! - That includes cloth, headgear, edged weapons, insignia, etc, & etc - No matter what the price...

BTW II - Only my opinion...

.................................................. .............................

In any case, aside from my ranting and raving, what I am trying to point out is this: Take Ade's advice, if you have the means - buy it because you like it...

Things are different now. Really... I strongly believe that one will NEVER be able to create an amicable investment with Soviet ODMs.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Thanks Richie, I like emotive rants and rambles
    I had a look around and decided to start my collection with a nice looking Red Star, 1945/46, s/n 2.5 million with an order book that shows signs of wear, its from a reputable dealer.
    The main thing is I'm excited as a ten year old on Xmas eve

I've read that the market has peaked and may well be in a bit of a decline. I guess that given the current miserable economic climate as well there may well be a few more items for sale as people need to generate a bit of extra funding as the overtime and bonus cutbacks kick in.

I doubt I will be able to convince my wife that we will be better off buying into the wonderful world of Soviet phaleristics than Krugerrands but I'm going to try

Good luck with your purchase of the Order of the Red Star. They are a great award.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Koba84

If you wan't Red Stars go to ebay.de you can generally find them there for 50 euro...

It's a very nice award to collect, good luck.

Greetz

Nick VR

?

I am proud to present my new addition to my household

Thats a decent tip Nick, I always forget to look at Euro e-bay sites..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Investing in Soviet medals - weighing pro's & cons.   Investing in Soviet medals - weighing pro's & cons.  

About 1945-46

?

1945 in one entry and 1947 in the bottom one...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Investing in Soviet medals - weighing pro's & cons.  

Nothing strange - all these papers not exited wartime and was given after 1945 (insted of temporary given wartime)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast