Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?

Article about: Hey guys, I am thinking about getting one of these. Need your opinion on the authenticity of these. I like the 1 suvorov 3rd class without the suspension - seems legit. What would these usua

Default khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?

Hey guys,

I am thinking about getting one of these. Need your opinion on the authenticity of these.
    I like the 1 suvorov 3rd class without the suspension - seems legit.

What would these usually go for?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?   khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?  

khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?   khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?  

khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?   khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?  

khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?
    P
    Many

Default Khmelnitsky

All seem like fakes to me. Please note that these awards are rare - especially Suvorov and Khmelnitsky - and also expensive. I recommend you to compare the awards you find to known originals.

Only 323 pieces of 1st class, Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky were awarded and thus its pretty safe to say that its nearly impossible to acquire an authentic one, because of their rarity and price tag.

I don't think any of these are authentic.

That being said, an Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky in 1st Class would be worth at least $100,000, a suspension Alexander Nevsky maybe $3000+, an Order of Suvorov in 3rd Class, about $5000. The suspension Order of Suvorov appears to have been minted yesterday.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?   khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?  

Last edited by Bill Garvy; 11-03-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks for the feedback! Yes it does seem odd that these would be floating around...

These pages are courtesy of the New York Sale, from the catalog of their annual auction, 2014, just to render an idea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture khmelnitsky 1st, suvorov 3rd x 2, nevsky - opinions?  

Dom
    ?

As colleagues, by observing you can see inconsistencies.