Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leningrad group

Article about: My latest Soviet acquisition appears to be a Leningrad group to one individual. I am awaiting the research to confirm everything, but in the meantime thought I would post these items. Here a

Default Leningrad group

My latest Soviet acquisition appears to be a Leningrad group to one individual. I am awaiting the research to confirm everything, but in the meantime thought I would post these items.

Here are his Order Book, Red Star, Medal Bar with the Campaign for the Defense of Leningrad Medal, 250th Anniversary Of Leningrad Medal, Victory over Germany Medal, & 20th Anniversary of Victory Medal (mounted on the ribbon suspension for his Jubilee Medal 30 Years of the Soviet Army and Navy), Leningrad document, 250th Anniversary of Leningrad document, Victory Over Germany document, and his 20th Anniversary of Victory Medal document. That medal, the Jubilee Medal for 40 Years of the Soviet Army and Navy, their respective documents, and the suspension for the 20th Anniversary of Victory Medal appear to be missing from this group:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leningrad group   Leningrad group  

Leningrad group   Leningrad group  

Leningrad group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leningrad group
    P
    Many

Default Re: Leningrad group

Separately are his 50 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR Medal, & his 30th Anniversary of Victory Medal, both with documents.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leningrad group   Leningrad group  

Hi Bill, that looks like a really nice group. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.

Good set of awards bill, looking forward to seeing the results of your research..

Very nice grouping!

?

Nice group Bill! He was an officer, so there could be a service record with photo too in the archive.

a really nice grouping Bill !

Received the Award Card and Citation; awaiting translation. . .

Leningrad group  

?

Surprisingly, the VoG document from 1946 has his rank as Guards Senior Lieutenant of Technical Service, while his 1947 record card has his rank as Guards Lieutenant of Technical Service...

Possible demotion or clerical error; what are your thoughts? Sadly, the research did not include his service records. . .
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 07-24-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast