Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medal Card Document translation help

Article about: Would anyone be able to tell me the awards listed as well as name and unit if able? I own the numbered merit medal listed.

Default Medal Card Document translation help

Would anyone be able to tell me the awards listed as well as name and unit if able? I own the numbered merit medal listed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal Card Document translation help   Medal Card Document translation help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal Card Document translation help
    P
    Many

Thanks to Auke I was able to find out that this man headed the Northern Fleet's*118th Long-Range Aerial*Reconnaissance Regiment Photo laboratory and was awarded the order of the red star, victory over germany medal and the medal For the Defence of the Soviet Transarctic. He was also awarded another order of the red star in 1953

His name was Aleksei Ivanovich Pomazanov and his rank was Senior Technical Lieutenant.

Here are Aleksiy Ivanovich Pomazanov's documents from the archive. His Award Card also lists a Combat Service Medal (#2696157) awarded November 6th, 1947 (post-war), so there are no documents in the archive for this or his other Order of the Red Star (#3110353) awarded August 21st, 1953 (long-service?).

Prikaz for his Order of the Red Star (#1792635), #13 on page 5:

Citation for his Order of the Red Star:

Article (AKT) for his Victory over Germany Medal, he is #202.

Article (AKT) for his Defense of the Soviet Artic, he is #141:

And lastly, his Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class, 1985 Jubilee issue:

If you have the awards &/or other documents, would love to see them!

here is the numbered medal. I have another medal that had stalins face on it that came with it, but its boxed up somewhere, ill have to dig it out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal Card Document translation help   Medal Card Document translation help  

That would be his Victory over Germany Medal, which would look similar to this one... Please feel free to display however much of his group you have, documents, medals &/or orders; thanks for posting!

Does anyone know what the citation for his order of the red star says?

"he worked as head of the photographic laboratory of the regiment, showed himself to be a good worker, who perfectly knows his specialty.
    When he arrived in the regiment, he equipped a photo lab, which provided a fast and trouble-free processing of aerial photography.
    He also quickly mastered the work with foreign photographic materials, for which special chemical solutions were required.
    All combat aerial photography was processed by him in a short time, with the use of accelerated methods. During his stay in the regiment, his photo subdivision processed 1012 films (this is about 5716 meters). He personally processed 750 films and made 14,000 photographs.
    For this he was awarded the Red Star award. "

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    His Award Card also lists a Combat Service Medal (#2696157) awarded November 6th, 1947 (post-war), so there are no documents in the archive for this or his other Order of the Red Star (#3110353) awarded August 21st, 1953 (long-service)
    I guess, both CSM in 1947 and RS in 1953 are long service decorations for 10 and 15 years respectively.
    There were 2 decoration decrees on the same date, one for gallantry and wounds during war and the other for long service.
    The long service fits perfectly to the information here.

Bill, some of the post-war documents are available. F.ex. for the decree #223 from 06/Nov/47, and others.
    But the post-war long service ones are not. At least, I have not seen any. Have you?

Quote by dimmuborgir95 View Post
    "he worked as head of the photographic laboratory of the regiment, showed himself to be a good worker, who perfectly knows his specialty.
    When he arrived in the regiment, he equipped a photo lab, which provided a fast and trouble-free processing of aerial photography.
    He also quickly mastered the work with foreign photographic materials, for which special chemical solutions were required.
    All combat aerial photography was processed by him in a short time, with the use of accelerated methods. During his stay in the regiment, his photo subdivision processed 1012 films (this is about 5716 meters). He personally processed 750 films and made 14,000 photographs.
    For this he was awarded the Red Star award. "
    That's really an original citation for sure !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast