Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori

Article about: Hi Group, I am seeking some help with the following medal and ribbon? Please can anyone let me know if this is indeed original or fake? I have been offered the medal. Thanks from Oz! Frank

Default Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori

Hi Group, I am seeking some help with the following medal and ribbon? Please can anyone let me know if this is indeed original or fake? I have been offered the medal. Thanks from Oz! Frank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori   Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori  

Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori   Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori  

Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori   Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal "For the Defence of Stalingrad" (Russian: Медаль «За оборону Сталинграда») Ori
    P
    Many

It looks like the medal and ribbon mounting are mismatched to me, due to there differing condition., so it has presumably been replaced. The aluminium mount is certainly postwar, (wartime ones are I believe, brass) the medal itself may be wartime but I cant be sure. As these medals are not rare I wouldnt be buying this one myself.

The ribbon and suspension are postwar.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!