Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)

Article about: Hello guys, a couple of months ago I got this medal of ushakov for around \\$230 from a bid. I believe that it is real, but I would like to get all of your opinions. Thanks!

I am curious about the authentication of the Ushakov. That must be in by now?! If real that would make a great deal!

The price from the Ushakov posted in post # 29 is now lowered to € 1500 for those interested! Research tells this one is awarded to a member of the battleship "Sevastopol"!! Wish I had the money for that one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal Of Ushakov (Real or Fake?)
    P
    Many

Any news Papa Stalin? I'm fascinated

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Authentication should be in by now??!!

I am not going to be home for a few weeks as I am in Russia. I will post info once I am home. (Yes, I know that you guys have been waiting for a long time, sorry I didnt respond before as I only just recently gone back to the forum)

so what's the verdict on this one?

I think we all know the answer and in fact we all knew from the start

Hi all. I was emailing the medals market people asking them some questions about their service before I went ahead and sent out the medal for authentication, and everything was going fine. I then asked them about why I had to pay them an additional $100 if the medal was found to be fake, and after that they disregarded me and told me not to email them again because I’ve been asking too many questions, and if I do they would not respond. I will post pictures of the messages to show I am not making this up. I think I will soon try with a different email.

Edit: Photos are being a bit weird?

Attachment 1335585

Attachment 1335586
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 08-31-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Fixed the pictures

The attachments can't be opened.

Edit: why not contact Collectrussia or Matt from Sovietorders.com?

I have read the authentication procedure on Medals Market. I can't find the additional $ 100 if the medal is proven to be fake. It does however say it costs $ 100 anyway, original or fake and if concluded fake you get a "non-original" certificate. So no matter the outcome of the authentication, it costs $ 100 anyway. If they change this in their mailcontact than go to another one. The above two mentioned would be my first choice anyway and not Medals Market.

I second Marcel's comment. I've had numerous purchases/contact with Matt and he's always been reliable and professional. I can't comment on CollectRussia, as I've had no dealings with them before (ouch that 50 euro shipping).

That said ofcourse you have to pay if it is fake - you're paying for the service. Else they be wasting their time and money "authenticating" the thousands of fake campaign medals every day.

Thank you so much for those extra places that I can go to! I never knew that collectrussia did authentication. Thanks! Also, I will try and repost those pictures- I think I know how to fix it.
    Thanks again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast