Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Medals and badges collection

Article about: A rainy Sunday so I thought I would play with my collection and take some photos for my albums. Here are my Soviet medals and badges, I mainly collect wartime or pre-war but some Cold war st

First class collection Marcel

Nice to see your Wehrmacht items too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medals and badges collection
    P
    Many

Thanks Nick! I have actually quite a lot of Wehrmacht stuff incl. 2 full mannequins, all not on the pics. But I am more drawn towards Soviet militaria and especially the orders which can be researched. I think that's where my passion lies.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Thanks Nick! I have actually quite a lot of Wehrmacht stuff incl. 2 full mannequins, all not on the pics. But I am more drawn towards Soviet militaria and especially the orders which can be researched. I think that's where my passion lies.
    Yes I feel the same, after 15 years of collecting Wehrmacht I am now drawn to Soviet, especially since I met my wife and travelled to Russia a lot.
    The research bit is great , Auke is currently researching one of my wartime ORS and I can’t wait for the result
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Apart from Wehrmacht I also collected British and American. But a lot is sold to fund Soviet awards. When it comes to Third Reich collecting, I still very much like to collect Wound badges and I always keep my eyes open for the next good Wolchow stick.

Please post your ORS when the research is in

Another half a year almost done. Here's what I got so far in 2020. Some of it through fairs (in the before time, when 'rona was still in Wuhan) and the rest through dealers. I'm especially happy with the Order of Labor Glory c2, which is in my opinion one of the best looking decorations of the Soviet Union (second only to the Friendship of Peoples).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medals and badges collection  

?

Wow! An a++ collection. Never seen so many great medals & badges. You have done good in this field!!.

Quote by Thedutchjelle View Post
    Another half a year almost done. Here's what I got so far in 2020. Some of it through fairs (in the before time, when 'rona was still in Wuhan) and the rest through dealers. I'm especially happy with the Order of Labor Glory c2, which is in my opinion one of the best looking decorations of the Soviet Union (second only to the Friendship of Peoples).
    I agree , the Order of Labour a Glory is a wonderful design!
    Nice additions

Nick

Just added this Excellent Mortar Man badge.

Lost some of its gold plating but a 'been there' example

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medals and badges collection   Medals and badges collection  

That's a very nice and worn badge!

Nice catch! I'm not well versed in badges - From what year would this one be?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast