Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan

Article about: These were the first medals I aquired and got me into collecting military collecting.

Default Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan

These were the first medals I aquired and got me into collecting military collecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan  Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan 
    Last edited by RedArmyCollector; 12-29-2008 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Misspelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan
    P
    Many

Default Re: Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan

Its a first time a see a medal for Victory over Japan ! thank for showing

?

Here is my set! This is the full WW2 Soviet Victory Set.

Notice that if you lay the medals down onto a map of Europe, on the Victory over Germany medal, Stalin is looking toward Germany. On the Victory over Japan Medal, he is looking toward Japan!

The last one is for Labor Victory in WW2.
    Attached Images Attached Images Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan 

Here is one of my Victory over Germany medals.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan   Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan  

Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan  

Nice medals, I was looking at the Soviet medals yesterday as I am interested in them. I didn't know that they had a victory over Germany or victory over Japan medal until then.

Im actually thinking of starting to collect USSR medals myself

Hi Guy, they are interesting and still not too expensive for the more common awards. But please be aware they are all now faked. Even the humble Victory over Germany, of which there were some 14 million issued, has been faked! I have seen cast copies of these in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

You serious? The repros are made for re-enactors for to deceive collectors?

Hi all

Here is mine that I bought this year:

I bought two of these in Bulgaria a number of years ago together with an OPW 2nd class, they where my gateway medals into collecting Soviet militaria. I regret selling the two 'Victory over Germany' medals last year, but I still have the OPW 2nd class...

Medal For the Victory Over Germany in the Great Patriotic War 1941-1945 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Greetz

Nick VR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medals for Victory over Germany and Japan  

Hmmm Nick,

You've given me an idea, Im going to speak to my wifes great grandfather to see what hes got hiding away at his home in Bulgaria....there may be some secret war medal or sth stashed away!

Ade, Ill be very weary about what I purchase. I have noticed some that look like fakes that even come with documentation...they look too new crisp and clean to be real ...oh and extremely cheap!

One of the problems with USSR medals is that you cannot buy them straight from Russia because it is against the law to take military decorations out of the country.

On another note, I should be getting a Defense of Lennigrad medal today! I will post the pic here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast