Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Defense medals.

Article about: I donĀ“t have Sevastopol and Odessa medals Defense of the Soviet Arctic.

?

Default Re: My Defense medals.

Quote by David View Post
    Medal "Defense of Sevastopol", 1st type 1943.
    For our Soviet motherland, for participation in the heroic defense of Sevastopol

Piotr Grigorievitch Simlenko, Captain of the cruiser "Molotov" Black Sea Fleet.

By order of the High Council of the USSR delivered on November 7, 1943

Signed: Commander Zhirov
    The awardee is Sailor Pyotr Grigoryevich Sumchenko. The document is signed by the captain of the cruiser "Molotov" of the Black Sea Fleet, Captain 2nd Rank Zhirov.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Defense medals.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    I am curious if the stamped numbers correspond to the certificate number, and wondering if it would it be possible to research based on the names of the recipients? Marvellous collection, by the way!
    These numbers often correspond to the award certificate numbers. I have seen a couple of these sets.

Research by name is of course always possible, although the costs of the research would exceed the costs of the award document. But whether or not that is worth it is personal...

David, very cool medals, keep up the collecting!

?

Quote by Auke View Post

Research by name is of course always possible, although the costs of the research would exceed the costs of the award document. But whether or not that is worth it is personal...
    I think just like you. Best regards.

?

Quote by Auke View Post
    The awardee is Sailor Pyotr Grigoryevich Sumchenko. The document is signed by the captain of the cruiser "Molotov" of the Black Sea Fleet, Captain 2nd Rank Zhirov.
    I thought it was the captain of Molotov, not that it awarded the Captain. Thank you.

?

New variations to my collection, Voenkomat medals of : Moscow, Caucasus, Leningrad and Stalingrad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Defense medals.   My Defense medals.  

My Defense medals.   My Defense medals.  

Quote by Auke View Post
    These numbers often correspond to the award certificate numbers. I have seen a couple of these sets.

I thought so, but I haven't seen that many.

If it's just the document we are talking about, then I would tend to agree with you, but in the case say of a Sevastopol Medal and document, then I think research might be worth it.

?

Quote by David View Post
    I thought it was the captain of Molotov, not that it awarded the Captain. Thank you.
    Was just clearing that up for those of us that don't read Russian

Thanks for showing us your great collection, the documents make the medals speak for themselves.

?

Hi, I new medal to my collection. Defense of Sevastopol, var 2 Voenkomat edition.
    Delivered to : Vasili Bakulievsky Mafodievich, 16 May 1990 at the military headquarters Chechelnitzki, by Major Lijin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Defense medals.   My Defense medals.  

My Defense medals.  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast