Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My grandfather's GPW rewarding document

Article about: Well done Dimas, nice to hear the good news about your family. See you in may.

?

Default My grandfather's GPW rewarding document

Just found it in archive and want to share it
    Translation is here:
    Engaged in combat in June. 22.1941 year in the Brest-Litowsk within 204 Howitzer Artillery Regiment , 6th division of 4th army of western front as a commander of the reconnaissance platoon. From the town Kobrin in rank of sergeant and commander of the control platoon, within the first battalion of the 204 HAR, operated in the direction of Antonopol, Drogichin, Pinsk, Lunynetz, Kalinkovitchy. After the defense battles against German tanks ( from his words they had a dinner in the field in the small village, when they heard running and screaming woman: “ TAnks are going” Then they prepaired 152 mm gun with a HE, and from the first shot destroyed the head machine- all other moved back, after a couple of other shots. IMO it was a Pz 38) near the town Kobrin, his unit take a part in infantry regiment in the battles near Drogichin, and station Kalinkovitchy. Near the railway station Kalinkovitchy, being German counterattack, was wounded to the left hand from a German submachinegun at approx August, 29-30 .1941. After that, being evacuated to the field hospital, on the way to it in the direction to the town Gomel they became attacked with air raid ( He said that was a Stukas, shooting with machineguns and dropping some bombs, some of the bullets crossed the visor of his visor hat, cut the ammo pouch, and destroy the trousers, and all what was inside of the pocket) he was wounded twice, light to the right hand and right leg ( the wound to the leg was heavy). From the Gomel’s field hospital he was evacuated to the hospital Nr 397 of the Kursk town, he was there up to October 15 1941 year. After hospital he was transferred to the 3th AA Regimentof 44th Western brigade of the Kursk town. In December 1941, transferred within the unit to the station Rtyt’schyevo , and direct after the new year in Januar 1942 year, regiment was transferred to the Wolchow front. From 13th to 20th days of March, take a part in the combat action near the Malaya Wishera, and then transferred to the Kirishi station, Volchow front, where take part in defensive battles up to November , 1942, in the rank of second commander of the management platoon. In November 1942 , sent to the Stalingrad’s High Political School in the Nowokuznetsk town, Saratov area. After end of the school, February 20th. 1943 year, transferred to the 10th Guards Artillery Regiment of 10th Airborne Guards division in Ramenskoye town as a Political commander of the Battery ( Politruk)
    June 15th, 1943 transferred to the 28th Officers training- artillery mortar regiment in Schymorkoye village, Gorkov area. In July , 1944 arrived to 470th Heavy Mortar Regiment the Reserve of Heavy Quarter of 15th Army Far East front, as a commander of combat platoon ( the unit which could be moved to the infantry unit or could act in battery)
    , where he served for now.
    Character: disciplined, competent artillerist, exacting to himself and subordinated soldiers. Comrade Tihonov within his platoon being training to " ready for fight " take the first place in the regiment. Teach subordinated soldiers in the practice of the war.
    He is worthy rewarding to be awarded with order of Great Patriotic War, 2nd class.
    Order recieved
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My grandfather's GPW rewarding document
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My grandfather's GPW rewarding document

Regards,
    Dimas

Wow !!
    Very interresting document Dimas ! Thank very much for posting.
    You grandfather surely was a brave man and a good soldier.

When I read this thread I was about to post three items that where bringbacks of my
    Grandmother´s first husband , the Unteroffizier Willhelm Schenk.
    Wilhelm was in the IR 133 , the regiment directly attacking the Brest Litowsk Fortress on the first
    day of the Unternehmen Barbarossa.
    On his first leave he brought home these three items , that I was about to write in my thread.
    So it seems that your Grandpa and Willy were in the same area in these days....
    Well , Willy did´nt make it , he was KIA on february 11 , 1943 by severe wounds he received from shell
    splinters in his head , right hand and his abdomen.The letter my Oma received from his Leutnant is very precise in describing
    the circumstances of his death.
    Hope your Opa made it home !!!

All the best ,

Bernhard

Great to have his documented service history, Dimas.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

He' ve fought until the September 1945 with Japan, and then lived for short time Manchuria- China, and my father was born short after the end of the war in the same area. My grandfather just passed avay 2010 year
    Regards,
    Dimas

That's amazing, you don't have his award do you?

Very interesting, Dimas! Thanks for sharing.

Regards

?

Dim that's fantastic that you have found the docs relating to your Grandfathers service , he certainly saw plenty of action and was a real Frontoviki , and a Gunner like myself !!! I look forward to seeing the document in May !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

This is wonderful. I can only imagine how pleased you must have been to find this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That is really interesting, great stuff. It is a fascinating read for us but for you it must be priceless, something to hand down through the coming generations of your family tree, what a terrific find, you must be very proud of your Grandad, well done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast