Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nakhimov medal

Article about: Hi collectors ! i need some help to detect if its fake or not. my friend offer me this for 500euro without document and guarantee thats its a original but nobody of us is expert. i dont want

Default Nakhimov medal

Hi collectors !
    i need some help to detect if its fake or not.
    my friend offer me this for 500euro without document and guarantee thats its a original but nobody of us is expert.
    i dont want to waste money for nothing so i hope sombody can help me.Nakhimov medalNakhimov medalNakhimov medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nakhimov medal
    P
    Many

It doesn't look convincing when compared with known originals. This is just my opinion tho.

it takes better pictures !!

?

Please post better images.

thanks for all help but my friend didnt want to sell it after all

I was going through some old threads to learn about medals and orders and came across this one. It's an obvious fake. Tip of the hat is wrong, the bottom edge of epaulette is wrong and chain on backside is wrong.

IMO this is a fake, as it seems the width of the medal is too thick. I would take a ruler and measure. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but I think if the width (top to bottom of the serial number part) is 3mm or above it is a fake.

The tip of the visor should have a small dent, this one hasn't. The shoulder epaulette should have a pair of extra dots underneath the row of dots, this one hasn't. On the reverse the chainlink at the 3 o'clock position should have some relief shading on the inside. That's enough to point the one that started this thread out as a fake. See pics:

Nakhimov medalNakhimov medalNakhimov medal