MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying Soviet decoration

Article about: Does anyone recognize this beat-up old decoration? I've had no luck finding a similar example online. Looks to have something to do with aircraft production or maintenance? Thanks!

Default Need help identifying Soviet decoration

Does anyone recognize this beat-up old decoration? I've had no luck finding a similar example online. Looks to have something to do with aircraft production or maintenance?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying Soviet decoration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying Soviet decoration
    P
    Many

?

I believe its chemical anti aircraft badge

Really? The Russians were trying to bring down enemy aircraft by poisoning their crews?

?

Its for anti aircraft and chemical defense

This is "Ready for anti-air and chemical defense" (PVHO) badge.

"..in order to actively involve school youth in training the basics of PVHO approved the standards of the complex for children aged 12 to 16 years. These norms included the need to study well at school, to know the structure of the gas mask and to be able to handle it, to study the tasks of PVHO, to be able to fight fires and provide first aid to the victims".

an example, and there are several variants :

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default The badge

From our collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying Soviet decoration  
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help identifying Soviet decoration 

Quote by dimmuborgir95 View Post
    This is "Ready for anti-air and chemical defense" (PVHO) badge.

"..in order to actively involve school youth in training the basics of PVHO approved the standards of the complex for children aged 12 to 16 years. These norms included the need to study well at school, to know the structure of the gas mask and to be able to handle it, to study the tasks of PVHO, to be able to fight fires and provide first aid to the victims".
    And given the age of it it is not that badly "beat up". It looks like there is only a single link missing from the chain and it should be fairly easy to simply re-attach it. Its' main issue is that there should be a screw post on the rear of the aircraft. That can be fixed by a jeweller but I wouldn't bother as it is probly close to being not cost effective.

Here is a front and back pic of mine plus a 2nd class version of the same thing.

Need help identifying Soviet decorationNeed help identifying Soviet decorationNeed help identifying Soviet decoration

Regards

Mark
    PS Sorry about the rubbish pic quality. I just took the photos and it is quite sunny here this afternoon.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."