Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Odessa Medal Original?

Article about: I have the heavy and weighs 15.8 g The photographs, put them in different light so that you can better see the details thank you very much

These are the photos that the seller sent me when buying medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odessa Medal Original?
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Gibello have you asked on a Russian forum ?

If I have to find a Odessa, I prefer an example with minimal wear and put all the chances on my side .
    There are two examples on Collect Russia

Dom, this would be my second copy of the medal, was a good deal and that's why I buy, I have 30 days to give it back to the seller if I do not like, my other issue is this:

with this I have no doubt the weight is the same medal that I ask and opens the post, weigh the same.

This photo is check with different light, to see the details of the medal that I ask.

Hi ,this is a tricky one, i like the back and the suspension ring..but the front......the medal has been damaged on the front . wear or trickery....i dont know...
    i would prefare a better medal for my collection...but its a medal that is hard to get....and not cheep...
    im on the fence....best of luck

Dom, a friend who has an account on the forum: SOVIET AWARDS, has hung for me in this post:

Fake "Defense of" Campaign Medals - Page 142 - The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum

Message number: 1411

And all the responses have been positive.

But I always like to hear a second opinion, so I have asked advice to you is that it is a difficult piece, so the though, since weight is often critical, and the weight of this medal is correct, 15.8 g, one Original Odessa, must weigh between 15.5 g/16, 2g. But in the times we are in, we can not trust no one.

I've been studying this medal, because the seller told me that this is a rare variant that has no top, and I've finally found another just like this but in better shape, I leave the photos I've found that in principle original, but in better shape and both have the same fault, the two medals are missing the upper edge or rim around the top. I think this is a very good sign for me and my medal, although this has worn all the features of the other.

Here the defect edge tell them

Odessa Medal Original?

And here is mine with the same defect

Hope this helps to clarify this as more difficult and complex piece
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odessa Medal Original?   Odessa Medal Original?  

Attached Images Attached Images Odessa Medal Original?  Odessa Medal Original? 

Please note only 30 000 Odessa awards have been recorded by 1985. I've got an impression the number of 'authentic' Odessa on the market exceeds the real number many times over.

Quote by Mehti Safarov View Post
    Please note only 30 000 Odessa awards have been recorded by 1985. I've got an impression the number of 'authentic' Odessa on the market exceeds the real number many times over.
    I like you, so I have left pictures of the new medal that I found in better condition so that you can see if it is good or bad odessa and there know if the one I have is good, because for wear that is you can not know for digital photographs.

I'm not an expert in this issue. I've asked people with Russian forum and they've responded with two positive opinions i.e. this medal is authentic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast