Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Article about: I am very proud to now own this OG II with serial # 4887, awarded to a Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Master Sergeant Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov. With 8 awards he's been a very brave

A very good article! Both his books are also on my wishlist for some time now, but my wishlist is rather long haha so I didn't grab these yet.

On the other hand also many living relatives don't give a damn about grandfathers or great-grandfathers medals and uniforms and either sell them or even throw them away. In such cases these are better off in collector's hands who appreciate these for what they represent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    A very good article! Both his books are also on my wishlist for some time now, but my wishlist is rather long haha so I didn't grab these yet.

Osprey publishing , not expansive

Quote by Dom View Post
    Osprey publishing , not expansive
    I know, but I have a rather long wish list and still need to finish some 15 more books before I buy more (will take me some 15 weeks) haha

In fact, besides collecting militaria I also collect books about the topic. Memoires are the best read I have to say and by now my "library" contains some 500+ books. Some wonder why I collect all these books while many are as pdf online for free but I am still old school I guess and I prefer to have the original books myself

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I know, but I have a rather long wish list and still need to finish some 15 more books before I buy more (will take me some 15 weeks) haha

In fact, besides collecting militaria I also collect books about the topic. Memoires are the best read I have to say and by now my "library" contains some 500+ books. Some wonder why I collect all these books while many are as pdf online for free but I am still old school I guess and I prefer to have the original books myself
    Wow, that's pretty impressive Marcel! Memoires are also my interest, but I only have collected about 20 at the moment.
    I would love to see your book collection, maybe interesting for a new thread?

It's not all Soviet I have to add. The majority is German memoires but also British, American and Japanese.

And Dom; "Heroines of the Soviet Union" is now on its way to me haha

Just finished "Heroines of the Soviet Union" and it is an excellent read indeed. Even a must I would say for those interested in the Great Patriotic War. Some real heroines are portrayed there, giving their lives for the greater cause. It only makes a man humble when reading what some of these girls did.

Very nice medal you got here Marcel. I enjoy those researched awards - each of those carries a story from a time we may not have in living memory anymore soon. It's sad in a way that so many of the medals have no story attached to them due to them haveing no S/N. Sometimes I wonder what the person did who got it originally, and if he would approve of his stuff being in display cages around the world.
    This sergeant has aquired quite the amount of awards. I wonder the odds of you finding any of his others?

On a final note, I must admit I'm a bit underwhelmed by the visuals of the award itself. On a distance it's hard to distinguish it from a OG III. That said, this one is in a very fine state.

When the gold fades it is indeed hard to distinguish it from an OGIII. My photos don't do this order jusitice though. I am a lousy photographer unfortunately but the gold is in hands quite good to see.

This thread is quite old by now but I decided to bring it back to attention. This because I finally managed to get a face with the name....and that is what collecting these orders and medals is all about in my opinion.
    So let me introduce Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov:

During the war/early postwar:

And in his "old age" (he died on March 23 1981, only 66 years old):

?

The thread is old but a good one!!

SHESTAKOV was also the Victory parade participant in 1945.
    Last edited by Egorka; 01-11-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast