Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov

Article about: I am very proud to now own this OG II with serial # 4887, awarded to a Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Master Sergeant Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov. With 8 awards he's been a very brave

Where can that info be found Igor? It is a very nice "extra" to know he was a participant in the Victory parade.
    I just love it when all such tiny pieces of a puzzle come together

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OG II from Full Cavalier Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov
    P
    Many

?

Marcel, the info is from the Wiki and the WarHero pages.
    Амперсанд — Википедия
    Полный кавалер ордена Славы Шестаков Кузьма Дмитриевич :: Герои страны

Edit: I was in doubt, but now revised my opinion. So far the indication is, that he was the Victory parade participant.

I did come across more Shestakovs indeed when trying to do some research. But since my Russian is not good I am always struggling with research and finding info or photographs. So your help here is very much appreciated. Thanks!!
    It could indeed be that it was another Shestakov who participated in the parade. Birthdates always help me to be sure of the correct person. But those are hard to find when only having a small document without this info.

Anyway, fact is he was a very brave man who earned his medals and orders. And I managed to find a face to the name which to me is the most important

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    No serial numbers but a very complete well researched listing of all Cavaliers of the Order of Glory by Bruce Emperic: Onward to Berlin!: Red Army Valor in World War II - The Full Cavaliers of the Soviet Order of Glory.
    The book lists the name of Kuzma Dmitriyevich Shestakov as marching in the Victory parade, Appendix ii, page 267 for those that have the book.

Is there any way I can find out if one of my relatives was in the victory parade, or the 1941 October revolution parade?

Thanks a lot Leaftree. He's indeed mentioned there as # 160. I completely forgot the book had this list included so thanks for reminding me again

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4