Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OGPW II #155369 Senior sergant mortar crew commander of 1st battery 469th Army Ostropol Mortar regiment

Article about: My latest addition to the family, a nice looking in good condition Order of the Patriotic War IInd class. Order booklet nr. 783789 1. Last name: Yeryomin 2. First name and patronymic: Miron

?

The translations in general could use some refinement. What is a 'traction commander'?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OGPW II #155369 Senior sergant mortar crew commander of 1st battery 469th Army Ostropol Mortar regiment
    P
    Many

Quote by Auke View Post
    The translations in general could use some refinement. What is a 'traction commander'?
    Since I don't speak Russian myself I am dependant on the research given to me (and in this case the research came with the purchase of the order).
    To be honest I wondered about traction commander as well but didn't yet ask the guy who did the research about this.

?

About “traction commander”.
    In the award register card it says: “командир тяги”.
    Командир = commander
    Тяга = towing, anything that can move or transport other objects, f.ex horses, vehicles, tractors.

ERYOMIN’s citations do not suggest him being responsible for transport duties during his service.
    But maybe later, after his last award in May 1944?
    This is also supported by the fact that ERYOMIN was working as a tractor driver before the war.

Thank you very much for clarifying this matter. Very much appreciated!!

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Since I don't speak Russian myself I am dependant on the research given to me (and in this case the research came with the purchase of the order).
    To be honest I wondered about traction commander as well but didn't yet ask the guy who did the research about this.
    I understand your point, and I mean no offense, but I assume you paid for this translation, so you have every right to expect a more or less coherent and comprehensible translation. "Traction commander" and "under the enemy fire and aviation impact" is poor English, "Colonel-Lieutenant" is not a rank, one of the names of the villages is misspelled, and in the last two sentences of the citation two fairly important words have simply been omitted.

Just a point I wanted to make because people who require translations usually do not speak Russian, so one must be able to trust the translator's abilities.

No offense taken and every help/feedback is always welcome! I actually didn't pay for this research. It came with the purchase of the order and no extra money was charged for the research itself.

I do agree that when having paid for the service of research and translation one should expect a good service. And in all honesty, I have some more awards that I need to have researched and both you and Egorka are the only ones I wanna use for this (as soon as I have some spare money again you can expect a mail ).

When it comes to my awards which came with the research (without being charged extra for): I just accept the research as is, even with minor errors and/or misinterpretations of the original text. Since I didn't pay for the research I also can't complain about these errors. That wouldn't be fair.

When it comes to proper research; I very often read on your website the different profiles of veterans with the research and the pics and in the future, when I am not so tight on money anymore (still invest a lot in my new house), I wish to have something similar done for my awards, since the way the research is presented on your website is excellent and very inspiring!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2