Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3

Article about: Hi everyone- I just wanted to share with you guys my OGPW II type 1 var. 2, since I saw another post by Meme32, so I decided to share mine. (These are previous pics that I took of them, and

Default OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3

Hi everyone- I just wanted to share with you guys my OGPW II type 1 var. 2, since I saw another post by Meme32, so I decided to share mine. (These are previous pics that I took of them, and I am currently in Russia, so when I get back I will post better images) Thanks for looking!

OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3
    P
    Many

Hi all- so I was going through one of the documents that Auke had been able to find (I forgot to menion that I had gotten this researched a year 1/2 ago), and I then searched up the person's name (Ivan Arkhipovich Kryakhov) on pamyat naroda, and I believe that he got this order for actions during The Battle of Stalingrad, and also possible the beginning of Kursk?? I will post the documents/info later. Just wanted to share some cool info I found out!

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    I will post the documents/info later. Just wanted to share some cool info I found out!
    Later? Just like the authentication results of the Ushakov medal?? Don't wanna sound negative but when starting a thread and asking for authentication it is also nice to follow up with answers when more info is there. I, and I guess with me the majority believes that Ushakov is a fake. However the bad pics can't give a definite answer. Therefor I, and some others for sure as well look forward to the authentication so we can learn as well from that.

Hi. Here are the documents from the research of the OPWII as I said I would post them later. Enjoy. (I will also send you a PM in a few minutes Marcel.)

OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3OGPW II Class Type 1. Var 3

Oh, and here is the award citation. Part of it is for actions during the Battle for Stalingrad I believe!

Edit: If anyone would kindly tell me what division/regiment he was in (I believe it was the 6th Air Force???) I would greatly appreciate that, as I want to do more research on the division/regiment etc that he was in. Thanks!

I believe that he was a lieutenant in the 6th Air Army? And if this is correct, then I think he later became a commander.

Edit: Just found out that he was one of the commanders of aviation squadrons in 744 УАП (?), at the rank of captain.

Source: В небе Кировоградщины. (книга вторая). by Oleh Volokhin - Issuu (Do ctrl f on your keyboard and then put Кряхов
    Иван Архипович in the search bar)

Here is a photo of him and 2 excerpts about him from the link I have put in the previous comment:

Edit: The bottom excerpt says "Picture is from 1957- The flight commander of the 744 UAP, Senior Lieutenant Kryakhov Ivan Arhipovich in 1959 will become the commander of the front-line IL-28 jet bombers and will be in command of the majors".

So, from this, I have 2 questions: what rank was he in the end, and also, what does "and will be in command of the majors" mean? (I google translated this haha )
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 05-24-2019 at 02:43 AM.

?

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    So, from this, I have 2 questions: what rank was he in the end, and also, what does "and will be in command of the majors" mean? (I google translated this haha )
    It means, that while KRYAKHOV was in the rank of a Captain, he had other officers in the rank of Major reporting to him.

Quote by Egorka View Post
    It means, that while KRYAKHOV was in the rank of a Captain, he had other officers in the rank of Major reporting to him.
    Ahh, ok thanks for letting me know. Since I am not all that knowledgeable about military ranks, I was not sure which one was higher in the Soviet Air Force. Thanks again Egorka!

Hello! My name is Svetlana. Kryakhov Ivan Arkhipovich is the brother of my grandmother. He had a wife Lyudmila and an adopted daughter. After his death, all the awards remained with his wife and daughter in Kirovograd. May I find out how you got this order?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast