Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel

Article about: Hereby I wanna show my latest addition to the collection. It is a temporary award document for an Order of the Red Banner, serial number # 204336, awarded to Colonel Vladimir Yevlenevich Str

Default ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel

Hereby I wanna show my latest addition to the collection. It is a temporary award document for an Order of the Red Banner, serial number # 240336, awarded to Colonel Vladimir Yevlenevich Stratienko by the order of the Belorussian Front 576/N of May 18 1945, signed by Guards Artillery General-Major Morozov. It is the first time I've come across a temporary document for an Order of the Red Banner. I'm of course thrilled to have added this gem to the collection

PS, I hope I have the name translated correct?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel
    P
    Many

Very nice. I have edited the thread title for you.

Cheers, Ade,
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks a lot Adrian!

Colonel Vladimir Evmenovich Stratienko (Владимир Евменович Стратиенко) was awarded his Order of the Red Banner May 18th, 1945. Here are the relevant documents, Prikaz and Citation, from the archive. Note the Prikaz is signed by Marshall Zhukov. At the time of this awarding Colonel Stratienko served as Deputy Commander of Artillery, 3rd Shock Army, 1st Belorussian Front.

This is his second Order of the Red Banner, his first being awarded May 1943 as a Lieutenant-Colonel and Deputy Commander of Artillery, 5th Tank Army, Southwestern Front. His other awards include an Order of the Red Star August 1942 as a Major, an Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class, October 1943, and an Order of Suvorov, 3rd Class, November 1943 both as a Colonel.

ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel

ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 10-24-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Thank you very, very much Bill!! Really interesting. Have to get his citation translated. Could be very interesting. Thanks again!!

Thanks to Pamyat Naroda being updated all the time I now also managed to find a face to the name. Hereby I present you Colonel Vladimir Yevlenevich Stratienko:

Wow! That is fantastic to have a photo of him.

?

Very nice!

Another temporary certificate of his, for a screwback Red Banner, was on eBay for a while, but it's now listed as sold (sadly the certificate was paired with a fake Red Banner, and the buyer paid a hefty sum for it - for those of you who want to check it out, item nr. 232592340110).

As the fact that these temporary certificates still exist suggests, Stratiyenko didn't live long enough to exchange them for an order booklet. According to the OBD Memorial database he died on February 24, 1946 following a surgery:

ОБД Мемориал :: Стратиенко Владимир Евменович, полковник : Информация из документов, уточняющих потери

He was buried in a communal grave in Cybinka, Poland. The war cemetery is still there (just Google 'soviet war cemetery cybinka')!

Stratiyenko is the very last officer listed on the link below. Pages 36-38 of that report show how the cemetary looked at the time.

ОБД Мемориал :: Информация о захоронении : Польша Зеленогурское воев. повят Жепинский, Цыбинка

?

Before it gets lost in the dark depths of eBay's archives, here's Stratiyenko's other temporary certificate and the fake Red Banner:

(P.s., his patronymic is 'Yevmenovich'.)

Thanks a lot Auke. Again! I will check those links when back from work. What actually happened with these temporary certificates after they've been handed in for the actual award booklets? Were these to be destroyed, or perhaps stored in the military archives? I can even imagine, with a vast amount of soldiers having such a temporary document that postwar they never managed to exchange it for an actual award booklet for so many reasons. It were hard times after all. Quite an interesting matter actually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast