Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Order of Banner Grouping

Article about: Good Evening Wonder if anyone could have a look at the attached Grouping First Order of the Red Banner

Default Order of Banner Grouping

Good Evening
    Wonder if anyone could have a look at the attached Grouping. Many thanks in advance.
    First Order of the Red BannerOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner Grouping

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Banner Grouping
    P
    Many

Default Red Stars

Red StarsOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner Grouping

Default Booklet

Order of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner Grouping

Default Medal for Bravery & Combat Service

The Combat Service medal is reported to be a replacementOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner GroupingOrder of Banner Grouping

At a cursory look, IMHO the grouping has a good chance.
    Yes the combat service medal is a replacement of sorts, the serial number indicates it should be a soldered ring medal, but we see here a 'U' shaped ring.
    Someone has added the numbers to a blank 'U' medal (Type 2, Option 3, Variety 3) and I've never seen that style of numbering before.

Can someone who can type Cyrillic check the name on pamyat-naroda.ru to see if the veteran indeed earned all these awards? Apart from the fake number on the War Merit medal I also have doubts about the booklet and the awards filled in. Checking the name can clear this up easily. Unfortunately I can't type Cyrillic on my laptop so I can't check myself. I guess checking his name is the first step to take with this set.

Duplicate numbering does not conform and my 'feeling' is similar to marcel, but again, that is only a feeling, Ill check the name.

I get Семенов Иван Ильич
    Not an uncommon name....So focusing on the Red Banner, as the least common of the awards. There is no red banner listed awarded to this name, so is it long service? it is possible given the serial number (at the way low end of the 3/11/44 awards) but that would then mean the combat service and red star would also have to have all been simultaneously awarded for long service (catching up) perhaps the other numbers for a red star and (to me fake) combat services could be on that same date? So now i'm stretching....so we might find only a braveriy and one red star listed for someone who needs to be an officer no doubt.....

….but with a closer look, there is no officer listed with those two awards needed (bravery and red star) and no officer listed entering the red army in the 20s (to make the red banner a long service award) so things don't look good on many levels.....

Thanks a lot for checking the name meyerse. Much appreciated! This confirmed my suspicions that the booklet's entries are also not good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast