Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Order of Glory #333286

Article about: I couldn't resist... This will be in my possession early next week: Stay tuned for the citation!

?

Looking forward to hearing more about the citation as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory #333286
    P
    Many

Thanks, Scout! I am waiting on pins and needles!

?

Quote by capazo1944 View Post
    How is possible to find info about the soldier with only the numeration of the medal?? I have a friend who is russian and maybe he can help me.
    It basically goes as Joe said. The Soviets kept details award issue records (protokoly), which link a specific serial number to the name of the recipient and the unit order that officially awarded the decoration. With this information a researcher can then look for the record card, award sheet, unit order, service record, personnel file, etc. The archive in Podolsk is open to all Russians, but there are also a few professional and semi-professional researchers who can obtain these documents (which is quite useful for those of us who live on the other side of the world).

Now just waiting on the citation...

Order of Glory #333286

Thanks to Auke for the quick research turn around!!

Guards Private Aleksandr Mikhailovich Shchutsky, deputy squad leader in a machine-gun platoon of the 356th Guards Rifle Regiment.

During the fighting for the town of Gumpoldskirchen on April 4, 1945 he was active on the company’s left flank. He fought inside an encirclement for two hours, killing 20 Hitlerites and destroying 3 enemy machine-gun positions.

During the operation to cross the Little Danube River near the city of Vienna he served as acting commander of a machine-gun crew. By providing covering fire with his machine gun he supported the crossing of the Little Danube River. Having reached an island, he killed another 15 Hitlerites with his machine gun.

For courage and bravery, displayed during the river crossing, and for killing 35 (thirty five) Hitlerites and destroying 3 machine guns, comrade Shchutsky deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Very nice indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here are the citation scans provided by Auke:

Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286Order of Glory #333286

So good when you get that sort of info Joe - it brings a piece of metal and cloth to life!!
    I always wonder about the helmets / equipment/ badges I have as to who was the person who wore / won them and under what circumstances.
    Pity the TR award docs don't have this much "patriotic fervor" description.......

A great "show and tell" item for the college???

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    So good when you get that sort of info Joe - it brings a piece of metal and cloth to life!!
    I always wonder about the helmets / equipment/ badges I have as to who was the person who wore / won them and under what circumstances.
    Pity the TR award docs don't have this much "patriotic fervor" description.......

A great "show and tell" item for the college???

Cheers, Dan
    Thanks for the kind words, Dan! I'll be sure to use it at the college.

It's a shame that Soviet stuff isn't as popular as TR stuff. Threads on the most generic and common German items seem to get more traffic than these awesome Soviet awards.

If these awards had swastikas on them, they'd be worth 10x as much!

Fantastic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2