Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Order of Glory 3rd Class - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi there, I'm a collector of mainly British and Commonwealth WW1/2 medals and groups, but recently I have been growing an interest for the actions on the Eastern front during WW2. I have bee

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I am sorry PapaStalin1943 but you are not completely correct. The serial number 778824 OG III is most likely awarded in the early 70's as a catch up award for a veteran who got wounded in the war or who was entitled one but never received one. So yes, it is awarded for something that happened during the war but was officially awarded only a few decades later (research will show the exact date as always).
    Thanks for correcting me. I was just going off of Auke's serial number range database.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory 3rd Class - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

The reason why I and some others believed it was possibly messed with is because of the serial number. Therefor better pics were asked the first time this order came up on this forum. Those close-ups never came unfortunately. The order itself does look good yes but before a definite judgement can be made I prefer to see better pics.
    Connecting ring is cut so most likely suspension is also a (period) replacement.
    Ah, I see now what you mean. Yes the pictures are a bit grainy. Would not hurt to have better ones.
    Maybe my screen makes it look better, but the number looks ok from what I see. Always tough to tell from picture only. But if the price is good I myself would not mind taking a chance.
    Looks like type 6 acc to Mondvor site. Around 26k made

Edit: Could also be that the mass of beer I had last evening smoothed the pictures a bit haha
    Last edited by SWE Erik; 05-15-2020 at 07:46 AM. Reason: New insight

Hahaha. I did some online bidding on Ebay after too much booze as well. Of course I spend way too much for very common items. But boy did I feel happy when I won the auction hahaha. In the morning I was closer to crying hahaha

Hahaha. I did some online bidding on Ebay after too much booze as well. Of course I spend way too much for very common items. But boy did I feel happy when I won the auction hahaha. In the morning I was closer to crying hahaha
    Alcohol and Internet shopping! ...a deadly mix How many times next morning have I said 'What have I done!'

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2