Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Order of Glory II

Article about: Hello everyone, I have recently found the Order if Glory 2nd class, and I was wondering if it was a fake, since I know that these are highly faked. Thanks! P.S - (Sorryi if I am posting a lo

79Grunn= Matt Jansen is a reliable ebay seller. He also has a web site:
    Orders, Medals and Badges from the Soviet Union for sale
    As with any seller/dealer ensure you do your research on what they're offering.

Regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory II
    P
    Many

Thanks!

Matt/Matthijs is among the best of the best sellers when it comes to Soviet medals and orders. Great communications during the process of buying, all is very well packed plus he has a lifetime guarantee. He does sell on Ebay as 79Grunn but make sure, as a beginning collector NOT to depend on Ebay. You'll lose your money quicker than you can earn. It is a minefield of fakes and only a handful of trustworthy sellers offer good medals there. Matt however is an exception and his Ebay listings are equally great as his webstore offerings.

Ok, I will definitely watch out. But, right now, I am only limited to collecting from eBay, because I don’t know where else to get them from. (I tend to like bids more, because you can buy them for less than retail price). Also, I asked the seller for a picture of how wide the borerline is from the tip of the Star is (so I know what type it is), and it is either the seller measured wrong (they do not collect orders and such) or it is off. (I am pretty sure they measured wrong, but since I am new to collecting, I still would like you guys to see it)

Order of Glory II

With that attitude you won't collect long. You will be ripped off on Ebay...repeatedly, losing lots of your hard earned cash. Better pay a bit more for guaranteed originals and study these originals to know what to look for.
    And in one of the other threads you were given some links to good dealers in Soviet militaria so don't say you're limited to Ebay only.

But I get the feeling that what I, as well as some other fellow forum members told you was all in vain. New collectors want everything fast and quick with the least amount of effort. Why to study when you can get opinions on forums. Seen this several times with local younger collectors who quite fast gave up collecting because it took too much effort to study. Oh, and they all loved Ebay and Marktplaats (a kind of Ebay for Holland and Belgium only) because of the great deals they could get there.....untill they figured out they were ripped off.

Hello. I agree with you 100%, but what I was trying to say was that I prefer sites where you bid, because I just simply do not have the money to buy it retail price, and when I bid, I have the chance to get (example) an order worth $850 for say $300.

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    Hello. I agree with you 100%, but what I was trying to say was that I prefer sites where you bid, because I just simply do not have the money to buy it retail price, and when I bid, I have the chance to get (example) an order worth $850 for say $300.
    The chance of that order being an original is very small because interested collectors know the value and know the reputable dealers who also sell on Ebay and thus those auctions also bring a lot of money. So dream on on getting $ 850 orders for $ 300

Apart from that, we all had to start small and we all had to start buying and studying "simple" campaigne medals and War Merit medals and invest a lot of time and money in these before we moved on to Red Stars and Patriotic Wars and then dared to risk hard earned cash on Orders of Nevksy or Lenin. It takes patience and time. And that is what I tried to explain in my previous post; new collectors want everything fast and quick without doing too much effort to gain knowledge. They suddenly start collecting Soviet medals and orders and immediately, without any knowledge at all, wanna go for the "big ones".

Hello. I understand that there are a lot of fakes on eBay, so that is why I bought "the comprehensive guide to Soviet orders and medals", so that I can learn what to look for in the orders and medals to see if they are fake or not, and also to study these medals and orders, so I get more knowledge in general.

Update taken from Gentleman's Military Interest Club, section Soviet orders, medals and decorations about Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory:

"This OGII # 10889 to a Full Cavalier sold yesterday on the well-known auction site for $425.00. He was serving as a sniper when recommended and approved for it. As a junior sergeant, he would later serve as an assistant platoon leader in a rifle regiment's dismounted reconnaissance platoon when recommended and approved for his OGI. He was also awarded an OPWII and ORS."

Excellent price for such an interesting Glory 2nd class. Whoever bought it is a lucky guy

Yeah, I thought that I had a good chance at getting this order (because a few hours before it ended it was at 200), but then I go back onto the auction, and it was at $410 (my limit was $350, because I don't have that extra money to spend)! I just saw it go higher and higher in price. Man, now hearing the story behind it, I wish I could've gotten it more and more, but hey, you can get them all, especially when you are younger than the average collector.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast