Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Order of Glory III- Guards tank corps saper

Article about: Hi Here is my latest OGIII and the final research. Quite a special one for me as the described action took place in late October 1944 only 20km from my home and in September 1944 the same un

Great item and a very nicely presented thread. Well done and Thank you!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory III- Guards tank corps saper
    P
    Many

As mentioned by others: excellent presentation with modern photographs to show the former battlegrounds. Your presentation makes this Order of Glory and the recipient's deeds come back to life again after +70 years.
    On top, the Order also is in great, well worn condition. Exactly how I like my medals and orders. It shows real character!

The plastic stand for the order also looks great. Can you show how the order is attached to the stand? These could be interesting to display my own orders and medals. Thanks in advance!

Hey MarineCollecter, nice piece! Just like Marcel, I was wondering where you got that stand from or what it's called because I really like how it looks, and I would too use that for some of my medals and orders. Thanks!

?

Jacob, interesting thread!!! Great research!

Thank you for kind comments.
    I can see a big interest in this medal stand so I'll take some pic's of it tomorrow. It was bought from a small shop with collectors accesories here in Poland.

Meanwhile I found some more informations which might make whole research more complete-list of vechicles of 6th Gu. separate motorcycle bn. from 9 August 1944
    M4A2 Sherman-10 tanks
    SU-57-2 vechicles
    M4A1 Scout-6 vechicles
    Ba-64- 5 vechicles
    Last edited by Marinecollector42; 11-03-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Dom
    ?

Great research, nice Glory

Thanks for this thread!

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    As mentioned by others: excellent presentation with modern photographs to show the former battlegrounds. Your presentation makes this Order of Glory and the recipient's deeds come back to life again after +70 years.
    On top, the Order also is in great, well worn condition. Exactly how I like my medals and orders. It shows real character!

The plastic stand for the order also looks great. Can you show how the order is attached to the stand? These could be interesting to display my own orders and medals. Thanks in advance!
    This is exactly how it works. There is a small hook which allows attach medals using pin on it's back. It's actually perfect for Soviet medals and orders. I was trying to find it on international sites but could't find one just like this. I believe there is one person here making these and just from time to time his display stands appears on the internet shopping site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of Glory III- Guards tank corps saper  

Default 2x4 stands

That display stand is perfect.
    I'm using home made stands. 2x4 wrapped in felt. I'd post a pic but for some reason the site is not letting me post images at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2