MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Order of Glory Reserch Has Arrived!!!!

Article about: Mehti, thank you for the insite. i ment that the dealer got both medals from the same place. i would be nice having his originals rather than finding a similar replacement.

Default The Order of Glory Reserch Has Arrived!!!!

Before i begin, i would like to thank those who assisted me guided me on the right path to go about reserch and Auke for retrieving it for me. And now without further "ado".....

Private Trofrim Pavlovich Karpullin, Sapper, Miner. 456th Rifle Regiment, 109th Rifle Division.

Awarded the Order of Glory 3rd class Dementionedcember 27th, 1943: " During the fighting near Platforma on November 23rd, 1943 he cleared a passage through an enemy minefield under heavy artillery and mortar fire, thus enabiling the rifle units to occupy the sector between Platforma and Ligovsky Canal. During the aforementioned opperation comrade Karpulin was severely wounded. For the bravery and fearless Ness he displayed while supporting the advance through a mined sector, he deserves the Order of Glory 3rd Class."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Order of Glory Reserch Has Arrived!!!!
    P
    Many

Congratulations! Is this your first one researched?

EDIT: Sorry for the typo, I should be heading to bed

lol its ok Aleks. yes it is, and i am truly very excited about it. especially after seeing all of the other OG3s on the web. the man who i bought it from had a deference of Leningrad medal (hopefuly part of the group) but as for Mr. Karpulins OPW1, i am unsure of its whereabouts.

Quote by medalman90 View Post
    lol its ok Aleks. yes it is, and i am truly very excited about it. especially after seeing all of the other OG3s on the web. the man who i bought it from had a deference of Leningrad medal (hopefuly part of the group) but as for Mr. Karpulins OPW1, i am unsure of its whereabouts.
    The feeling of bringing history back to life, after receiving a research is one of a kind. I too have only got one researched and I am anxiously waiting for my second one.

It's a nice order, especially because the soldier fought in the Leningrad front and his division later took part in the battle of Saaremaa in Estonia, a battle that I am interested in.

Congratulations once again!

I was looking over the records I got again. It says he was in the army from July of 1942- March of 1944 (disabled? KIA?) But then awarded the Order of Patriotic War 1st class in late 1946. Any ideas anyone?

Possibly awarded for severe wounds or concussions during the war? To my knowledge these weren't awarded for long service, as many others we're.

Thank you Aleks. I guess "severe" wounds can be anything from shrapnel, to loss of ligaments?

No problem and I just want to add that I am not an experienced collector.

I guess so. Also many awards we're just awarded later for wartime deeds, this also could be one reason.

Im far from expert myself lol. Russian medals are a little new to me, Especially researching them. Thank you again.

Quote by medalman90 View Post
    As per the database, he was awarded a Medal for Leningrad defence. He was 19 in 1943.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast