Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original

Article about: Hello, I found such an order at an auction on the Internet Please write me what you think about him. You think it's worth giving 675USD (2500PLN) for it?

Default Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original

Hello,
    I found such an order at an auction on the Internet
    Please write me what you think about him.
    You think it's worth giving 675USD (2500PLN) for it?
    I will be very grateful!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original
    P
    Many

Given the price I strongly suspect it's a reproduction. An original example would be much more expensive and rare. There is an one listed at Collect Russia for $5800.
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 12-25-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Looks too fresh. I don't like it...

Bill, the item is currently being auctioned off, so the price may increase at any time

Thanks for opinion!

Merry Christmas!

What is the serial number? Is it a 4 or a 6 in front? Highest awarded number is in the 4300's if I am correct and this one appears to be 6112. Apart from that I am not fond of this one. Maybe it is the pics but it looks like the red enamel on the star is not even enamel but paint. Other than that the three C's in CCCP look more circular while this variation should have more angular C's. The top horizontal line of the number 4 is shorter than should, I miss the triangular shape on the bottom of the order (or the pics don't show this since these are not good pics?!). Furthermore, as Bill states, these orders go for prices a tenfold of the price it is now.
    So for me to spend money on such a very rare item I would demand perfect pics from the seller.

Marcel, could You please tell me where I can compare this order with the original?

Here is a link to the Mondvor web site for the ORB 4:
    Орден КРАСНОГО ЗНАМЕНИ - 8

Here are some pictures of the ORB 4 #2058 currently for sale at Collect Russia:
    Collect Russia Order of the Red Banner 4th Award, Type 5, Variation 1, Sub- variation 2, #2058, awarded on 13 June 1952 to Hero of the Soviet Union Major General Nikolay Serebryakov. Soviet Russian

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original   Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original  

Attached Images Attached Images Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original  Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original  Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original  Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original  Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original 

Default One more picture

Last picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Banner '4' fake or original  

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    What is the serial number? Is it a 4 or a 6 in front? Highest awarded number is in the 4300's if I am correct and this one appears to be 6112. Apart from that I am not fond of this one. Maybe it is the pics but it looks like the red enamel on the star is not even enamel but paint. Other than that the three C's in CCCP look more circular while this variation should have more angular C's. The top horizontal line of the number 4 is shorter than should, I miss the triangular shape on the bottom of the order (or the pics don't show this since these are not good pics?!). Furthermore, as Bill states, these orders go for prices a tenfold of the price it is now.
    So for me to spend money on such a very rare item I would demand perfect pics from the seller.
    Absolutely agree.
    -Serial number either as 4112 or 6112 doesn't fall into the type 3 range.
    - The 4 is off center... to the right on the obverse.