Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of red banner to криворот

Article about: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help with the following: I bought a group from Matt, Group of Soviet Orders and Medals. Red Banners, Patriotic War, Red Stars After doing some research i have

Default Order of red banner to криворот

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help with the following:

I bought a group from Matt, Group of Soviet Orders and Medals. Red Banners, Patriotic War, Red Stars
    After doing some research i have found that Криворот Антон Гордеевич "137279" was the recipient of one of the orders of red banner, but wasn't able to find why he received the 2nd one. Plus if he indeed received a 2nd order of red banner, it would have been numbered "2".
    503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

After digging some more, i was able to find a list of order of red banner recipient by serial number and apparently there is a book in Russian for that.
    FALERISTIKA.SU • Просмотр темы - Каталог определитель ФИО по номеру. Орден БКЗ.
    The 2nd order of red banner was award Криворот Андрей Григорьевич "137279"
    503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Both are Major, and it seems everything matches (DoB, military unit) with exception of date of joining the military. One has 1934 and the other 1941. Is this a mistake, where the 2nd order has an incorrect name? Is this something that happens frequently when researching?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of red banner to криворот
    P
    Many

?

Very interesting. Seems it's the same person and his second name is just a mistake.

He also appears to be Ukrainian, this seems to sometimes cause more naming issues? I've had info where the name seems to appear three (slightly) different ways in the record.....misspellings seem not so rare.

?

No, it's not a misspelling, cause Anton Gordeevich and Andrey Grigorievich are just two different names and it doesn't mater if he was Ukrainian. It's a mistake. Most likely it was a mistake of a military clerk and the right name was Anton Gordeevich, cause all other awards were given to Anton Gordeevich including jubilee award in 1985.

Do you know if the award sheet is filled out by a clerk or his commanding officer? One would think that if his commanding officer is filing this out, he shouldn't make a mistake with his name.

?

I don't know who personally filled out these award sheets but the usual practice is that a clerk writes and an officer signs.

Quote by McSeam View Post
    No, it's not a misspelling, cause Anton Gordeevich and Andrey Grigorievich are just two different names and it doesn't mater if he was Ukrainian. It's a mistake. Most likely it was a mistake of a military clerk and the right name was Anton Gordeevich, cause all other awards were given to Anton Gordeevich including jubilee award in 1985.
    Sorry, my apologies. I have run into record cards with Ukrainian names where it even shows the later addition where the name correction is noted on the record card for a missing award...so award given to two different names but same person, that appears not to be the case here...so sorry if I missled.