Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?

Article about: Hello to everyone Recently i was offered an Order of the Red Banner. The price is very good, because of some issues with the serial number (that the seller also recognizes). I've checked in

Default Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?

Hello to everyone

Recently i was offered an Order of the Red Banner. The price is very good, because of some issues with the serial number (that the seller also recognizes).

I've checked in the mondvor website and in my opinion is a type 3, opt. 4, var. 1 example, made in 1945. According to the website, the serial number's range for this kind of ORB is between 188493 and 273503. This one has a serial number of 187114 and, as you can see in the pictures, it's really bad engraved.

Could be the result of some attempt of counterfeiting? Or is it just the combination of bad original engraving and others "enviromental factors"?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Gabriele
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?   Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?  

Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?   Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?  

Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?   Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?  

Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Banner - Counterfeit serial?
    P
    Many

?

The serial number doesn't look right at all... The original serial number has been polished away. That is what I see.

Thank you very much Egorka.

I have the same impression but i'm not an expert of these orders so i want to double check.

Order of Red Banner is my "dream", so better wait for a 100 % original example ;D

I agree with Igor. And the "new" engraving is not of a style I have seen before on Soviet awards and is completely wrong in my opinion. I would leave this where it is. Plenty of good ones without doubts for sale out there.

Thanks for your opinion Marcel

Dom
    ?

Gabriele,

if the price is really sweet, why not on a bust ?

Hi Dom,

I'm a bit unsettled. It would display very nice on a mannequin, but i would like to know also the "history" behind such an high grade order (the man who gained it, the feat and so on...).

Dom
    ?

Hi Gabriele ,

I understand, as often it is a cruel dilemma ...