Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...

Article about: translation

Default Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...

I need help finding information on Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...

Had a reissue of a Order of the Red banner recently researched.
    The award was given to:
    Nikolai Vasilyevich Travin
    Major General of the Artillery
    Commander of the Artillery of the Leningrad air defense army.

I cannot find any information about this officer. I would think that considering his position and how important the battle of Leningrad was, that something would pop up. All I can find is this:
    http://generals.dk/general/Travin/Ni...iet_Union.html

I have looked for the officer names and units mentioned in the record cards and award sheets, but have come up with very little....Served in the war with Finland according to the date of awarding of the medal for combat merit.

Could someone give me a hand and point me in the right direction, maybe some Russian links that could be google translated etc.?

The main goal of this (and this may be wishful thinking) but I'm hoping that he could be tracked as being a participant or likely participant in the Victory Parade in 1945, explaining the reissue.

Here are the following award cards and record sheets.

This medal was discussed a few years back:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...-banner-26467/

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...   Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...  

Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...   Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...  

Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...   Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...

Other documents
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...   Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...  

Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...  

Default Re: Order of the Red Banner re-issue from Major General of Artillery of the Leningrad air defence army...

Documents

Doc 3

Doc 4

I would suggest you contact your researcher or another researcher who is active on this forum, Auke, to see if you could obtain his Service Record.

Thank you Bill. I had to take that route. Will post info on him if/ when something comes up.

?

Very nice and rare replacement order of the Red Banner

Marc

Here is the service card and translation.

As for him being in the Victory Parade in '45, I feel no closer to the truth. English internet searches turn up little information as to who made up the Leningrad Front or Army Air Defense Forces Command participants.

Again, if anyone has more information on him or the units it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

service card

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast