Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star circa 1943

Article about: Just bought this nice Star from Matt.... this one was awarded to a Naval Officer, a Major Glovenko. I'm looking forward to researching this one. I have decided in the interests of my bank ac

Default Order of the Red Star circa 1943

Just bought this nice Star from Matt.... this one was awarded to Naval Officer, Major Golovenko. I'm looking forward to researching this one.

I have decided in the interests of my bank account to try and slim my main Soviet collecting focus down to Naval/Maritime items or any item with Naval history ..however I will of course always be tempted with anything Red Army so it will be a challenge!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star circa 1943   Order of the Red Star circa 1943  

Order of the Red Star circa 1943  
    Last edited by Woolgar; 01-18-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star circa 1943
    P
    Many

A really nice earlier star

Btw...how is it with researching naval awards? I thought the info was still not available for the time being? Or is it open for public now?

Ah, I'm not sure, I didn't realise they were not available
    In that case it's going to be a challenge !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Does this mean the battle details of recipients of the Naval orders of Ushakov and Nakhimov are not accessible ?

Nick

I am not really sure what the situation is now. I know that before Naval award citations were not available but I have now seen Ushakov and Nakhimov medals for sale with citations but Red Stars and OGP's without. So it's a bit confusing. Perhaps Igor or Auke can enlighten us?

I have an OPWI and a Red Star to navy personnel, and it was possible to find the award citations for them ( they are also on Podvig Naroda). So I guess it depends and maybe you need a bit of luck

Thanks Björn, good to know

Nick

?

Navy awards can be researched, that is, one can get record cards for them, and most wartime citations are online in the Podvig Naroda database. Physical access to the archives, however, is restricted at the moment, so you can't get citations (if the citation is not online) or service records from the archives.

Thanks for clearing this up Auke!