Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star - real or not?

Article about: Hello Recently I got curious about the Order of the Red Star, and started a little search. To my delight, one of the sellers that I've bought some uniform stuff from, has a couple of ORS for

Default Order of the Red Star - real or not?

Hello

Recently I got curious about the Order of the Red Star, and started a little search. To my delight, one of the sellers that I've bought some uniform stuff from, has a couple of ORS for sale. However I can't tell if the seller is competent about soviet decorations, because I do not feel competent enough myself.

I focused on one order, numbered 1,668,571. I used Auke de Vlieger's site for some basic identification. The thingie might be awarded in the second half of 1945, perhaps for a real combat action. The crucial thing is...does the order look allright to you? I must say, the back does look too shiny to me Another question, which troubles me a lot, is the price - wouldn't 60$ be too low for an original decoration?

All your help is greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star - real or not?
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Enjoy a good Red Star of the Moscow Mint with a very correct price

A nice original for a good price indeed! Don't worry about the reverse being too shiny. Some are nice and shiny, others are dirty and well worn with sloppy repairs. Everything is possible.

Here's a link where you can see all variations of stars and which I always use to check for originality and maker as well as dating the award (roughly): http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/rs.htm

Thank you for your kind help gentlemen!

Marcel I tried to find out more about the order while using the site you posted, but still I'm not fully used to it. I guess patience and practice make perfect

You have a Type 6 variant 5.1 by the maker MMD, Moscow Mint.

Easiest is to first check the serial number ranges to see where your star fits. From there you check for details, mentioned in front (size of maker logo, curved up or down, etc etc) to find the correct variation.

JMM
    ?

Very nice medal at a very nice price

?

I've bought medals from the seller this came from and always been satisfied. This is not an endorsement simply my experience.

Right... while toying around with my profile settings it seems I have deleted all the attachments from my posts. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Since I can't find any edit option, I re-upload the pictures of the discussed ORS (perhaps the moderators could help somehow and put them back in place?)

Also, I bought the item which I am (im)patiently awaiting I send my thanks to all who contributed in this thread!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star - real or not?   Order of the Red Star - real or not?  

Order of the Red Star - real or not?   Order of the Red Star - real or not?  

Order of the Red Star - real or not?   Order of the Red Star - real or not?