Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov set

Article about: Hi All, I would like to share with you a recent purchase from medalsmarket. I was very surprised at how many original documents i have received with these awards. A little about Pavel: Pavel

Default Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov set

Hi All,

I would like to share with you a recent purchase from medalsmarket. I was very surprised at how many original documents i have received with these awards.

A little about Pavel:

Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov was a lietenant as of 8.3.1942 and earned his way up to Colonel by 23.3.1957.
    in 1942 he was commander of 15th guards rifle platoon.
    in 1943 he became commander of 36th guards rifle company.
    later in 1943 he was a battalion adjutant
    further promoted to deputy commander of 36th guards rifle regiment

Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov setPavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov set

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov set
    P
    Many

Very nice, well documented grouping. Curious for what deeds he received OAN.

?

Quote by Marinecollector42 View Post
    Very nice, well documented grouping. Curious for what deeds he received OAN.
    Jacob, you should be jealous! The OAN is for an action in Poland during 20-22 August 1944 near Dolne and then later for stllements Zgorsko, and Dulcza Wielka. Downgraded from Red Banner to OAN.
    He was in 3 rifle battalion, 36 Guards rifle regiment, 14 Guards rifle division, 33 Guards rifle corps, 5 Guards Army, 1 Ukrainian front.

Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov set

?

Quote by kmoney10 View Post
    A little about Pavel:

Pavel Gerasimovich Samohvalov was a lietenant as of 8.3.1942 and earned his way up to Colonel by 23.3.1957.
    in 1942 he was commander of 15th guards rifle platoon.
    in 1943 he became commander of 36th guards rifle company.
    later in 1943 he was a battalion adjutant
    further promoted to deputy commander of 36th guards rifle regiment
    Great group!!!
    Just a couple of comments:
    In 1942 , he was serving on as a platoon commander (first MG, later anti-tank rifles) in a training battalion on 15 Guards rifle division, 21 army. So, not a "guards rifle platoon".
    From July 1942 to Jan 1943, he was in encirclement in Voronezh region.
    The next, he was undergoing SMERSH clearance procedure in January 1943.
    Just a month later, 20 Feb 1943, he was again a rifle platoon commander of 233 reserve regiment, South-Western front.
    Then in March - company commander of 36 Guards rifle regiment, 14 Guards rifle division. Not "36th guards rifle company".
    Wounded trice: 28 April 1943, 28 April 1944, and again on 30 Sep 1944.
    In reserve until the end of the war.

Excellent grouping with great research.

Lovely set of medals - these really are some of the nicest types of medals you can pick up - not just Russian, but of all medals.
    I have a red star and patriotic war but not an OAN (bit pricey). Need to get them researched at some point...
    nick

Quote by Egorka View Post
    Great group!!!
    Just a couple of comments:
    In 1942 , he was serving on as a platoon commander (first MG, later anti-tank rifles) in a training battalion on 15 Guards rifle division, 21 army. So, not a "guards rifle platoon".
    From July 1942 to Jan 1943, he was in encirclement in Voronezh region.
    The next, he was undergoing SMERSH clearance procedure in January 1943.
    Just a month later, 20 Feb 1943, he was again a rifle platoon commander of 233 reserve regiment, South-Western front.
    Then in March - company commander of 36 Guards rifle regiment, 14 Guards rifle division. Not "36th guards rifle company".
    Wounded trice: 28 April 1943, 28 April 1944, and again on 30 Sep 1944.
    In reserve until the end of the war.
    Thank you for clarifying, i didn't get a lot of time to go through the research, but will get on top of it!