Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!

Article about: Hi guys! I'm a long time WWII and not so long WWI enthusiast, but my thing was only reading and researching. I never bought any memorabilia before. I find it amazing, but I guess I found it

Default Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!

Hi guys!

I'm a long time WWII and not so long WWI enthusiast, but my thing was only reading and researching. I never bought any memorabilia before. I find it amazing, but I guess I found it too hard to get into.

But my girlfriend surprised me with some Imperial German (posted here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...medals-415581/) medals and some soviet ones.

So, I'm a complete noob and would greatly appreciate your help identifying these badges and your opinion on whether they are fakes and why!

Thanks a lot!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!   Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!  

Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!   Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!
    P
    Many

Both are good original items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Like Ade said, both are good original items. You should get the award document translated, it adds more to it.

I concur, a genuine Victory over Germany medal and document issued to a Captain Ivan Timofeevich _______, sorry but I can't make out the last name. The document is dated December 31st, 1945, Serial #A0172955, and signed by a Major of a Regional Military Commissariat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!   Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!  

Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!   Please, I need your opinion on this medal and document!  

I believe the last name to be: Портянников.

?

Correct, his last name is Portyannikov.

Quote by Auke View Post
    Correct, his last name is Portyannikov.
    Thank you for the confirmation Auke.