Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals

Article about: Hello!! newbie here, I have been bit by the bug. I am going to be asking a lot of questions coming up, just a little warning & warming up : ) Is this type of ring attachment at top of th

Default Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals

Hello!! newbie here, I have been bit by the bug. I am going to be asking a lot of questions coming up, just a little warning & warming up : )

Is this type of ring attachment at top of this combat service medal, a rare or scarce variation type? Most I have seen have a ring soldered to the top.
    Was this medal made & awarded during WW2, not after?

When looking at numbered Soviet medals are all the 6 digit awards generally WWII pre 45 made and awarded?

Is there some online reference to these number ranges?

Also pics of an order of Red Star medal. I would like to buy this one also. Is this Red Star order/medal pre 45 made and awarded?
    It seems the engraver made a mistake, or he/she carved the "39" deeper on purpose, not sure.

I know both are salty, and not mint, but I like them exactly like this.

Thanks, Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals   Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  

Attached Images Attached Images Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals

More pics. The red star in first post is the wrong one. This is the one I was thinking of getting. $50US

Regards, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals 

Default Re: Anybody???? What is this? Scarce U type WW2 Soviet Medals

Is this "U" type of ring attachment at top of this combat service medal, a rare or scarce variation type? Most I have seen have a ring soldered to the top.
    Was this medal made & awarded during WW2, not after?

When looking at numbered Soviet medals are all the 6 digit awards generally WWII pre 45 made and awarded?

Is there some online reference to these number ranges?

Also pics of an order of Red Star medal. I would like to buy this one also. Is this Red Star order/medal pre 45 made and awarded?
    It seems the engraver made a mistake, or he/she carved the "39" deeper on purpose, not sure.

I know both are salty, and not mint, but I like them exactly like this.

Thanks, Regards, Steve[/QUOTE]

Dom
    ?

Hello, first Red Star (3446213) awarded in 1956.
    second (1143924) 1945.
    Combat service medal,is awarded in 1945 type 3A (Shichkov books)
    Greetings

Quote by Dom View Post
    second (1143924) 1945.
    Greetings
    Hello Dom, Thank you. Can you tell me what is the difference in a long service red star, and a combat?? star? Which one is the 1143924 medal?

Thanks, Steve

Quote by Dom View Post
    second (1143924) 1945.
    Greetings
    Hello Dom, what about this medal I have bought? What year? I like the look when well worn.

Regards, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals  Is This a Rare One? Is it Good? WW2 Soviet Medals 

Dom
    ?

The red star is an order

The History of the Order of the Red Star, by Michael Riley

Medal for Combat Service
    Established 17 October 1938. awarded to personnel of all ranks in the Army, Navy, Border Troops and Ministry of Internal Affairs troops for exceptional conduct in battle resulting in the successful execution of a battle task by the military division; for personal courage shown in defense of USSR borders; for excellence in military and political training; and for mastering new warfare techniques and technology. Citizens as well as foreigners were also eligible for this award. This award could be received more than once. Approximately 3,300,000 were issued.

Dom
    ?

For the Bravery
    Established 17 October 1938. Also known as the "Medal for Courage", "Medal for Valor" and "Medal for Gallantry". Considered the most highly respected Soviet military medal, it was awarded to personnel of all ranks in the Army, Navy, Border Troops and Ministry of Internal Affairs troops for personal bravery in a theater of operations; in defense of USSR borders; for performance of a soldier's duty in life-risking situations; and for activities against spies and subversive elements. Citizens as well as foreigners were also eligible for this award. This award could be received more than once. It is made of silver. Approximately 4,600,000 were issued.
    For your certainly in 1944

Hello Dom, Thank you for your help. The website link is very good. Is there another website link that has the number ranges for the bravery, combat and all other medals that were serial numbered? like this Red Star page you gave me?

Regards, Steve

Dom
    ?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello Dom, Thank you for your help. The website link is very good. Is there another website link that has the number ranges for the bravery, combat and all other medals that were serial numbered? like this Red Star page you gave me?

Regards, Steve
    Steve to my opinion the best site for the Soviets awards it is MONDVOR.
    HERE IS THE LINK:
    ÎÐÄÅÍÀ È ÌÅÄÀËÈ ÑÑÑÐ