Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence

Article about: Again, translation and time selflessly provided by Rick Research. The documents were about twelve pages long! Yefim Pavlovich NIZOV, Captain and Assistant Commander of Staff for reconnaissan

?

Default Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence

Again, translation and time selflessly provided by Rick Research. The documents were about twelve pages long!

Yefim Pavlovich NIZOV, Captain and Assistant Commander of Staff for reconnaissance/intelligence of the 911th Rifles Regiment of 244th Rifles Division.

Born in 1904, Russian, Member of the CPSU since 1928.
    On the Southwest Front from 27.6.41-31.7.42
    Stalingrad Front from 7.8.-22.10.42
    Southwest Front since 24 January 1943

WOUNDED 1 August 1941 near (?Smopantsa ?)
    WOUNDED 2 October 1941 near Kharkov
    WOUNDED 5 April 1942 (can't read... should come up in other versions of the records)

In the Red Army 1926-38 and since 1941

Joined at Oktyabrsky RVK of the city of Kiev in 1926.

Previously received the Military Merit Medal and Defense of Stalingrad Medal.

Next of kin and address: wife Vera Fedorovna Nizova in the village of Barkino, Sudogotsky Raion , Ivanovsky Oblast (province).

CITATION = Reconnaissance here can also be translated as "scouting."

"Took part in the defense from 5 September to 6 September 1943 at the head of and in charge of the reconnaissance around Hill 199.5 in the staff of a group of scouts--in all 40 riflemen-- breaking through the front line of mistaken defenses, in which were destroyed 6 light machine guns and up to 50 enemy soldiers and officers. The enemy in a panic left their defensive positions and fled in the area of the village of Khrestintsa. With this entire distance the opportunity arose to advance forward up to 12 kilometers for the regiment, the division, and the entire 12th Army.

Deserves to be awarded the Order 'of the Red Banner'

26 September 1943 Commander of the 911th RR, Major Veznichenko"

AN ENTIRE ARMY CORPS ADVANCED ALONG ITS ENTIRE FRONT FOR TEN MILES BECAUSE OF THIS GUY AND HIS 40 MEN RAIDING THROUGH THE ENEMY LINES.

You can bet the Generals waaaaaay in the rear got Hero Stars, Suvorovs 1st Class, and all that exotic glittery "espensive" stuff--

Even if we "downplay" the degree of responsibility he had in the enemy's panic and so condescendingly decline to award HIM a Hero's Gold Star... by every single rule and regulation, for a feat like this at his rank he should have received whatever was considered the Supreme Award Possible: a Suvorov 3rd Class.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence   Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence  

Attached Images Attached Images Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence  Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence
    P
    Many

Default Re: Screwback ORB to a member of a reconnaissance/intelligence

That was quite some action he was involved in!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yeah. Can you imagine what these men went through? Of all of the armies of the world during this time, the Soviets seem to have had the harshest military life of them all. Not only did they have their enemy to contend with, but they had their own superiors and much lower standard of living provided to them as well.

Before getting the research done on this order, I was tempted to sell it to buy more Luftwaffe stuff. As you can see, the order is in rough shape, with most of the enamel being replaced. I am certainly glad that I took the money and time to research it. Now, I cannot see ever parting with it. This is why research is so important. Before, it was a ratty medal. Now, for me anyway, it contains the soul of this man's valor.

Very nice grouping Paul!

?

Hi Paul , i would like to thank you for posting this translation , it`s a fascinating read , and something that would be lost to us westerners without that help! I agree with you that putting yourself out with time and money can pay dividends in the way you think about these awards , and by knowing the history and personalizing it , changes an almost regular badge into something you now would not let go out of your collection , thanks again ,
    Al