Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Show your favorite soviet medal

Article about: Hey gang, lets start a thread showing your favorite soviet medal. Here's one of mine. Order of the red banner type 3 var.3 number 312973

Any of the medals you have shown is more beautiful than the one I am going to show. But, well, I have always liked the medals for the defense, and I think that within them, I could highlight a humble Moscow medal.

I know I could clean the medal, and I imagine it would shine, and it would not look a little dirty, but I think that keeping it in this state is a way of seeing the passage of time and history.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your favorite soviet medal
    P
    Many

Hello,
    I do not collect Soviet artefacts, i tried many years ago but was caught by the german side...
    I don't know if this is considered as a medal, this is my one and only Soviet award...a friend of mine bought it for me for my 50th birthday...WWII EXCELLENT TANKER (this is the english translation i guess)
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite soviet medal   Show your favorite soviet medal  

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Lawnmover View Post
    Order of Friendship of Peoples (Ordena Druzhba Narodov)
    Such an impressive award, colourful and heavy. I love it.
    Got five of them, in the picture are the four I display with other awards in the collection.
    Phenomenal. It's my favourite to in terms of looks (outside of the Victory one, but let's remain realistic), but it's a bit outside my current price range for a medal. To see one having 4 of them is amazing.

My current favourite medal that I personally own is the order of the red banner of labour. It has so much detail going on, even if it's a relatively minor medal. I hope to get a Order of Labour Glory as well, as I enjoy the detail on that one to. The campaign medals are, outside of the defense of.. all relatively dull in comparison.

Last edited by Thedutchjelle; 06-30-2019 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Pic was requested

Quote by Thedutchjelle View Post
    My current favourite medal that I personally own is the order of the red banner of labour. It has so much detail going on, even if it's a relatively minor medal.
    How about some pics then?

That is kind of the whole idea of the thread.

Regards

Mark
    PS The campaign medals are of a completely different award "ethos" and certainly from my point of view are collectible for totally different reasons very much based on the award criteria!!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3