Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some my new Soviet stuff

Article about: Hi, Here is some new items what I got last week. Some of you have seen them on GMIC already but I put few up here as well! 1. "For Bravery" medal (za otvagu) Well worn. Owner had a

Noor
    ?

Default Some my new Soviet stuff

Hi,

Here is some new items what I got last week. Some of you have seen them on GMIC already but I put few up here as well!

1. "For Bravery" medal (za otvagu)

Well worn. Owner had added the safety pin. Nice low number 236 593 . Paul J. Schmitt "Echoes of War - Researching Soviet Military Decorations" lists it around 1943 February-March.

2. # ADS

Noor
    ?

Default Re: Some my new Soviet stuff

2. OGPW 2nd class

Owner had replaced missing hammer and sickle with the cap badge similar device. Job very well done!
    The number of the award is 114 339 . Awarded probably around 1944 June?

Noor
    ?

3. Order of the Red Star

Nice one, with the number 367 983 . I am pretty sure its not the LS award this time, so worth to research! Awarded probably end of 1943?

Noor
    ?

4. Group with the Red Star and "For Bravery" medal

Supposed to be one group. Also I got "orden ticket booklet" but not the owner name :unsure: .

There is name engraved on the Red Star reverse (probably because to easly identifiable it, if someone stole it from hospital, sauna, etc.). Very hard to read it and its don't make sence much - Ognev Nakob(v)a. Red Star number 941 825 . December 1944-January 1945? I hope its not LS award :cheeky: .

"For Bravery" medal (za otvagu)

Number 240 2832 . Awarded May 1945

wow nice lot ! i like the first for bravery , very old

?

Interesting that the bravery medal with scuare bar and is 1943 issue, due of regulations of the 1943 must hawe 5 points bar, or probably that's one from the early 1942?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Noor
    ?

Interesting that the bravery medal with scuare bar and is 1943 issue, due of regulations of the 1943 must hawe 5 points bar, or probably that's one from the early 1942?
    No idea is it late 1942 or 1943 but Paul J. Schmitt lists indicate early 43 period. I probably let it research - I hope we know the answer then

?

You can send the letter to the Moscow archive in Podolsk, they will send you back the owner's name and his fate.
    If you want I can write it for you, and you just send it, I've made that a couple of times
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Noor
    ?

Thanks Dimas... maybe I need you help in the future, when I am ready to research some of my items.
    And here is my last purchase what I got today! Actually even yesterday afternoon, I didn't even dreamed to get one at all but in the evening I got trade offer what was too good to past it!

Anyway, here it is!

All opinions, info, etc would be great! As far I know and what Paul McDaniel/Paul J Schmitt "The Comprehensive Guid to SOVIET ORDERS AND MEDALS" says.. its Type 3 . No. 41,268 .

Regarding Paul J.Schmitt "ECHOES OF WAR Researching Soviet Military Decorations" it is awarded around 1945 I quess.

Noor
    ?

More pictures...

some details..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast