Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Soviet Medal Group

Article about: by Bill Garvy Do you have the document for the 20th Anniversary of Victory, which would have been awarded in 1965? I think that was the reason my esteemed colleague thought the bar was assem

Default Re: Soviet Medal Group

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Do you have the document for the 20th Anniversary of Victory, which would have been awarded in 1965? I think that was the reason my esteemed colleague thought the bar was assembled post 1965, brass suspension notwithstanding, ahem. . .
    I do not think that is part of the group ??? Does that affect the value ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Medal Group
    P
    Many

?

Barely. It's not a very valuable document, but it would have been great if it was included, as the group would then have been complete.

Thanks guys, they will be mine, on the way over from the states in the new year

Very nice group, I have a similar bar nyself, It is worth getting the Order of merit and Bravery medal researched, There are members on this forum who can help you with that.

Regards

Robin

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Very nice group, I have a similar bar nyself, It is worth getting the Order of merit and Bravery medal researched, There are members on this forum who can help you with that.

Regards

Robin
    Cheers Robin, will do

?

IMO replacing the last medal (and ribbon) with a Victory over Germany medal would make that bar more accurate. Dunno why it's not there. Surely it was issued?

Quote by ericfg View Post
    IMO replacing the last medal (and ribbon) with a Victory over Germany medal would make that bar more accurate. Dunno why it's not there. Surely it was issued?
    Not sure really guys, what do you think ? I will have them the end of Jan so will look out for a Victory over Germany Medal

Just picked this up from Fleabay, only £10, not sure about the medal itself now, looks a little new?????

Although both pieces appear genuine from the photographs you posted, there is really no way of knowing with any degree of scientific certainty if this specific medal was awarded with this particular document. I tend to think that a great many of these document/medal sets are put together (value added) ensembles with both a genuine medal and a genuine document, numbered orders and medals notwithstanding, although documents can be forged/amended as well. Don't ask me how I know. . .

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Although both pieces appear genuine from the photographs you posted, there is really no way of knowing with any degree of scientific certainty if this specific medal was awarded with this particular document. I tend to think that a great many of these document/medal sets are put together (value added) ensembles with both a genuine medal and a genuine document, numbered orders and medals notwithstanding, although documents can be forged/amended as well. Don't ask me how I know. . .
    Hi Bill,

I agree, so many of these were issued that it’s unlikely that most of them are not put together's as it were. That could also be said for British and German medal/documents sets unless true provenance is provided

As long as this is genuine, i am happy for the money paid, its only for display, will be separate from my other sets

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast