Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Soviet Medal Group

Article about: by Bill Garvy Do you have the document for the 20th Anniversary of Victory, which would have been awarded in 1965? I think that was the reason my esteemed colleague thought the bar was assem

Default Re: Soviet Medal Group

Finally received these today, took nearly a month to arrive from NY over the pond

Thanks for all the input !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Medal Group  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Medal Group
    P
    Many

Quote by ericfg View Post
    IMO replacing the last medal (and ribbon) with a Victory over Germany medal would make that bar more accurate. Dunno why it's not there. Surely it was issued?
    Guys,

Now that the grouping is in my hands as it were, do you feel this would be worthwhile ?

?

Please don't. You simply don't know if he received a Victory over Germany Medal and if he did, why (if) he chose to wear his medals like this.

I have a Red Star with the enamel missing on one arm, and a picture of the recipient wearing the same Red Star, showing the same damage. Who am I to repair the damage? I feel it's the same with replacing ribbons; cleaning off patina; removing, replacing or adding medals to bars; et cetera. Unless proven otherwise, I'm assuming medals and medal bars come to us as the recipient wore them, and I don't feel it's my place to change anything about their appearance.

Quote by Auke View Post
    Please don't. You simply don't know if he received a Victory over Germany Medal and if he did, why (if) he chose to wear his medals like this.

I have a Red Star with the enamel missing on one arm, and a picture of the recipient wearing the same Red Star, showing the same damage. Who am I to repair the damage? I feel it's the same with replacing ribbons; cleaning off patina; removing, replacing or adding medals to bars; et cetera. Unless proven otherwise, I'm assuming medals and medal bars come to us as the recipient wore them, and I don't feel it's my place to change anything about their appearance.
    Auke, Thanks for the reply, to be honest I agree with you, that was my first thought really, but I thought I woud ask the question !

Any chance of seeing the picture ?

?

Quote by Auke View Post
    Please don't. You simply don't know if he received a Victory over Germany Medal and if he did, why (if) he chose to wear his medals like this..
    I'm up in the air on this issue. Right now I'd leave it as is.
    If we can use ????????????? ??????????? ???? ?????????? '?????? ??????' * for this gent and decide one way or another then maybe not.

* podvignaroda.ru

Quote by Auke View Post
    Who am I to repair the damage? I feel it's the same with replacing ribbons; cleaning off patina; removing, replacing or adding medals to bars; et cetera. Unless proven otherwise, I'm assuming medals and medal bars come to us as the recipient wore them, and I don't feel it's my place to change anything about their appearance.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

I would without doubt leave it as it is.

Thanks for the input guys, I think I will indeed be leaving them as they are. I really need to get some display cases sorted out, have quite a few Soviet medals now, but with constantly working away have not been able to spend time sorting them out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3